10 Briggs Dr, East Greenwich, RI 02818, USA Req #9
Wednesday, July 22, 2020
This position is responsible for both strategic and hands-on execution of all eCommerce activities including profit and loss (P&L) for all web programs, driving traffic to the website, conversion rates and performance of the website, site aesthetics and site functionality consistent with the ALEX AND ANI brand position. Works with the Head of Marketing and the Marketing team members to develop promotions, content, advertising and contact strategies, to acquire customers at a predefined acquisition cost or contribution, and to maximize contribution per customer over the customer lifecycle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Partner with the Head of Marketing to create business strategies and revenue plans for all eCommerce efforts.
• Manages day-to-day online store management including on-site promotions, product, and content presentation.
• Drive customer and acquisition traffic and conversion to meet and exceed budgeted goals. This includes Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), affiliates, marketplace, social media, and all appropriate, cost effective vehicles to drive on-line revenue growth and profitability.
• Works closely with Marketing to optimize the email marketing strategy and execution.
• Owns the scheduling, coordination, and execution of all online publishing events for the website and related eCommerce marketing and merchandising campaigns and associated content.
• Coordinates the development of strategic eCommerce marketing and merchandising plans and campaigns, aligning schedules, projects, budgets, and resources to meet expected results.
• Executes full lifecycle project management on eCommerce projects, including analysis and documentation of business requirements, functional and technical specifications, scoping, scheduling, functional team handoffs and strategic planning.
• Drives best practices for eCommerce opportunities, processes and tools through continuous learning, keeping abreast of eCommerce trends and innovation.
• Provides accurate forecasting of eCommerce initiatives to Senior Management.
• Manages the eCommerce budget and aligns with key stakeholders to exceed revenue and company-wide profit targets.
• Defines road map for taxonomy, features and functionality to improve the user experience. Contributes to online content by testing and implementing improved web usability, page flow, navigation, and content to support the overall objective of increasing visitors’ conversion rates.
• Manages reporting and analyses of marketing campaigns and programs. Oversees and monitors website analytics and key metrics.
• Selects eCommerce vendors, negotiates contracts and manages vendor relationships.
Competencies & Skills
Competencies & Skills
• Strong proven performance in eCommerce operational and SEO functions
• Ability to perform at both a strategic and hands-on tactical level.
• Excellent project management skills with high attention to detail.
• Strong web project management skills with the ability to direct staff in the development of usability, functionality and content development of web and email.
• Results oriented with excellent planning, prioritization, decision making, organizational and time management skills; works well under pressure and delivers on commitments with little direction.
• Strong customer service orientation drives a culture of customer appreciation and service excellence within the department, throughout ALEX AND ANI, and externally.
• Flexible with the ability to quickly adapt and re-prioritize in a continuously changing working environment.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to set targets, design improvement plans and ascertain best approach methodologies.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related discipline.
• Shopify experience preferred
• 5 + years in an online, DTC, B2C eCommerce environment; 4+ years of P&L accountability,
• Extensive direct hands-on experience managing traffic-generating programs such as affiliate, SEO/SEM, Comparison Shopping Engines, Marketplaces, online display advertising, and other marketing programs is required.
• Experience in developing and executing email plans and campaigns.
• Experience managing website content and activities associated with website launches/redesigns including menu architecture development and web page layouts and graphic designs.
• Demonstrated track record of developing reliable eCommerce forecasts and meeting or exceeding goals.
• This position requires limited (0-10%) travel
- Job Family Corporate
- Pay Type Salary
- 10 Briggs Dr, East Greenwich, RI 02818, USA