Enterprise Systems & Data Analysis Research (RSC) - Systems Engineer V
Plan, develop and lead large and/or complex major systems engineering projects. Provide expertise in support of performing systems and operations analysis, determining and providing requirements and systems development.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES1. Work independently to lead and manage the largest and/or complex and significant systems engineering projects.
2. Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts within the systems engineering domain to conduct research and analysis in support of projects. Has a strong knowledge of other related fields and/or has developed a deep expertise within the systems engineering discipline.
3. Lead the preparation of systems engineering artifacts, project reports and briefings.
4. Provide expert level knowledge and expertise related to systems engineering project design and development. Serves as a mentor/role model within the business unit.
5. Identify and pursue business development opportunities related to systems engineering.
6. Develop and maintain professional contacts with decision makers and contract administrators at targeted agencies.
7. Lead the development of proposals and marketing efforts for systems engineering.
8. Advise management on planning, pursuit and success related to projects associated with systems engineering.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, operations research, physical science, technology or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 12 years demonstrated progressive systems engineering experience or related technical project experience. Experience in providing strategic planning and technical oversight over complex system engineering efforts across multiple tasks.
Skills: Ability to work with and provide direction to others; Strong interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills. Knowledge of best thinkers and policy practitioners in the field of system engineering. Other skills such as with Sparx Systems Enterprise Architecture, IBM System Architect, DOORS, UML, XML, JIRA, Confluence, and certifications such as Enterprise Architecture, Project Management desirable.
Other: Must be able to travel occasionally. Ability to obtain and maintain an active security clearance preferred; ability to pass any government suitability check requirements.
- Job Family Systems/Software Engineering
- Job Function Career Path II - Expert & Research Specialist
- 800 Maine Ave SW, Washington, DC 20024, USA