Safety & Security Research - Advisor
Demonstrates considerable expertise in an area of subject matter expertise. Applies this specialized expertise in a range of projects. Provides advice to project directors on matters related to the area of expertise.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
1. Works independently under general supervision to lead and manage multiple projects of low to medium size and/or complexity simultaneously or larger, more complex projects that address a subject of expertise.
2. Demonstrates an advanced knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts to conduct research and analysis in support of projects within a given subject of expertise.
3. Prepare project reports and briefings.
4. Provide advanced knowledge and expertise related to project development.
5. Participate in identifying and pursuing business development opportunities related to a subject of expertise.
6. Develop and maintain professional contacts with decision makers and contract administrators at targeted agencies.
7. Actively support the development of proposals and marketing efforts in areas of expertise.
8. Advise management on planning, pursuit and success related to projects associated with proven areas of expertise.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Education: Bachelor's degree in related field required. Advanced degree preferred.
2. Experience: Minimum 5-8 years’ experience in the field(s) of expertise.
3. Skills: Strong interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills. Knowledge of best thinkers and policy practitioners in related fields. Good project management and computer skills.
4. Other: Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Job Family Technical
- Job Function Career Path II - Expert & Research Specialist