Director Contracts and Procurement - Chief Financial Office
CNA fosters an inclusive culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Our flexible and engaging work environment encourages iterative and creative collaboration at every stage of the problem solving process. Our employees are committed to helping clients develop effective solutions to better manage their programs through scientific, data-driven approaches.
We are looking for creative and innovative individuals to help carry out our mission.
Serve as strategic lead on all corporate contracting and procurement activities. Manage activities and staff related to the contracts and procurement functional areas. This leadership role carries with it personal and corporate responsibility to build and sustain a respectful workplace.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
1. Act as primary interface with government contracting officers on all aspects of contract negotiation and administration issues including negations, compliance, status reporting, risk assessment, dispute resolution and GSA Schedule activity on all forms of contract types.
2. Serve as corporate Small Business Liaison Officer.
3. Responsible for all subcontract and procurement services, consultant agreements and other corporate business agreements.
4. Point of contact for cost and general proposal strategy development, supports competitive proposal preparation.
5. Performs final review for Delivery Order proposals.
6. Regularly assess quality of Contracts and Procurement activities and implement ways to improve processes and products.
7. Evaluate processes, products, and service in relation to established goals, including conducting quality control checks to assure accuracy, completeness, and timeliness.
8. Assess quality of contracts and procurement activities and implement ways to improve processes and products.
9. Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure corporate effectiveness and legal compliance.
10. Review solicitations for new contract work, both government and commercial, including assessing the contractual risk/return trade-offs.
11. Develop framework of bid decision process and ROI evaluation framework to evaluate potential clients.
12. Act as point of contact for cost and general proposal strategy development.
13. Compile performance risk assessment information on active contracts and make recommendations for corrective action as required.
14. Review and approve all long-term leases and license agreements for equipment.
1. Education: Bachelor's degree required in business, procurement or finance. Advanced degree in related discipline, and CPCM PMP desirable.
2. Experience: Minimum 10 - 20 years related experience. Knowledge of DoN, contracts and proposal preparation.
3. Skills: Current working knowledge of government multi-contract environment, FAR and FAR supplementals, DoD, DoN and civilian agencies. Experience with risk identification and management. Experience with cost and pricing techniques, competitive proposal preparation and skill with tools, methods associated. Microsoft Office; Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong leadership and management skills; research and problem solving skills; attention to detail.
4. Other: Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret level security clearance.
CNA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service and protected veterans, or other non-merit based factors. In addition to federal legal requirements, CNA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. These protections extend to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting and hiring practices, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training and career development programs. For more information about EEO protections, please view the EEO is the law posters below: "EEO is the Law" Poster; "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Poster
To be considered for hire, all individuals applying for positions with CNA are subject to a background investigation. For positions requiring access to classified information, U.S. citizenship is required. Individuals will also be subject to an additional government background investigation, and continued employment eligibility is contingent upon the ability to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
- Job Family Contract Administration/Management
- Job Function Career Path III - Supervisor/Manager
- CNA, 3003 Washington Blvd, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America