Executive Assistant to Division VP Deputy Director II - Strategy Policy Plans & Programs
CNA fosters an inclusive culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Our flexible and engaging work environment encourages iterative and creative collaboration at every stage of the problem solving process. Our employees are committed to helping clients develop effective solutions to better manage their programs through scientific, data-driven approaches.
We are looking for creative and innovative individuals to help carry out our mission.
Manage all of the administrative duties for the Division Vice President, Division Deputy and/or Research Program Director. Also, coordinate special meetings and conferences for the Division.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
1. Provide assistance and advice to staff on administrative issues.
2. Provide overall administrative support to Division Vice President, Division Deputy and/or Research Program Director., including maintaining informational databases and files, managing calendar and assisting with time management and prioritization of tasks.
3. Create and tailor presentations, documents and correspondence to meet the division’s specific goals.
4. Make extensive national and international travel arrangements, including orders and security clearances and prepare expense vouchers.
5. Plan and organize logistics for conferences and other major events. Ensure that all details are taken care of including; meals/refreshments, conference room set-up, audio-visual equipment, hotel and travel arrangements for guests, honorariums, expenses
6. Prepare and maintain documents for electronic publication.
7. Answer and screen phone calls and may interface with and handle the needs of many high-level individuals including, foreign dignitaries, flag officers, and corporate management staff.
8. Provide direction to division administrative assistants when needed and ensure production standards and administrative procedures are followed.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience/instruction (i.e. specialized administrative training/work).
2. Experience: Minimum of 5 years' high level administrative experience, including conference planning.
3. Skills: Microsoft Office; strong oral and written communication skills, organizational skills and technical skills (including graphics); detail oriented; minimum 60 wpm typing; knowledge of Naval and Marine Corps terminology; ability to work under pressure and complete a wide variety of assignments with little or no supervision while showing tact and initiative; ability to anticipate and solve problems; flexibility in dealing with changing priorities and willingness to work extra hours when needed. In depth knowledge of CNA policies and procedures is a plus or ability to learn them quickly.
4. Other: Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance. Active security clearance at the time of hire preferred.
CNA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service and protected veterans, or other non-merit based factors. In addition to federal legal requirements, CNA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. These protections extend to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting and hiring practices, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training and career development programs. For more information about EEO protections, please view the EEO is the law posters below: "EEO is the Law" Poster; "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Poster
To be considered for hire, all individuals applying for positions with CNA are subject to a background investigation. For positions requiring access to classified information, U.S. citizenship is required. Individuals will also be subject to an additional government background investigation, and continued employment eligibility is contingent upon the ability to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
- Job Family Administrative
- Job Function Career Path IV - Administrative
- CNA, 3003 Washington Blvd, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America