Senior Project Accountant - Project Accounting Team
CNA fosters an inclusive culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Our flexible and engaging work environment encourages iterative and creative collaboration at every stage of the problem solving process. Our employees are committed to helping clients develop effective solutions to better manage their programs through scientific, data-driven approaches.
We are looking for creative and innovative individuals to help carry out our mission.
Assists the Manager of Project Accounting in leading the coordination and management of entire accounts receivable process, which includes revenue, unbilled reconciliation, billings, collections, financial reporting of projects. Perform all functions in the Projects module of Costpoint including, but not limited to, updating the systems for funding and modifications, revenue billing, project account group, and subsequent validations.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
1. Leads Project Accounting Staff in the performance of all aspects of set up for new and amending existing contracts in Costpoint. This involves oversight of the setup of project number(s), billing, revenue, labor categories in the accounting system, and the updating of modifications within the accounting system for funding and other contract changes.
2. Leads Project Accounting Staff in the preparation of contract billings and the performance of follow-up collection efforts. Contract billings include CPFF, T&M, and fixed price contracts, electronic and manual. Follow-up collections involve communicating with various contracting officers and technical representatives in contract and payment offices.
3. Leads processing of invoices for contracts under FFRDC. Provide oversight of biweekly electronic billing of FFRDC contract. Review billing reconciliation. Provide backup for FFRDC billing. Provide information to Administrative Contracting Officer, including consultant information, completion reports, final invoices, and year-end reports. Act as liaison to ACO’s staff for billing and project information
4. Direct responsibility for set up and review of ACRN Billing and WAWF (Wide Area Work Flow) Billings in Costpoint.
5. Prepare contract closeouts, reviewing final invoices and other contract-required reporting and
6. Work closely with members of Contracts, Accounting, and Project Management in sharing and interpreting reports, billing requirements and collections.
7. Participate in or lead special projects.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in accounting, finance, business, management or related field is required. Master’s degree is a plus.
2. Experience: Must have a minimum 8 years related experience, including 5 years in project accounting. Experience with Wide Area Workflow (WAWF) strongly preferred. Supervisory experience desirable.
3. Skills: Extensive knowledge of federal contract billing and contract closeouts, to include cost plus, T&M, and firm fixed price. Experience with Deltek Costpoint, Microsoft Office, especially Excel. Knowledge of Cognos or other report writing software. Knowledge of electronic billing processes and software. Strong Oral and written communication skills.
CNA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service and protected veterans, or other non-merit based factors. In addition to federal legal requirements, CNA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. These protections extend to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting and hiring practices, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training and career development programs. For more information about EEO protections, please view the EEO is the law posters below: "EEO is the Law" Poster; "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Poster
To be considered for hire, all individuals applying for positions with CNA are subject to a background investigation. For positions requiring access to classified information, U.S. citizenship is required. Individuals will also be subject to an additional government background investigation, and continued employment eligibility is contingent upon the ability to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
- Job Family Finance/Accounting
- Job Function Career Path III - Professional
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- CNA, 3003 Washington Blvd, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America