Talent Acquisition Specialist - Human Resources
CNA fosters an inclusive culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Our flexible and engaging work environment encourages iterative and creative collaboration at every stage of the problem solving process. Our employees are committed to helping clients develop effective solutions to better manage their programs through scientific, data-driven approaches.
We are looking for creative and innovative individuals to help carry out our mission.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist delivers HR expertise in the area of talent management, including but not limited to recruitment, development and implementation of effective talent strategies, and ensuring the ongoing and future organizational talent demands are met utilizing data analytics, recruitment and branding programs. They ensure company compliance with federal and state and/or regulations pertaining to recruitment and hiring including oversite of the Affirmative Action Plan. They serve as point of contact for third-party vendors, consultants and other talent strategy providers.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
2. Partner with the Director, to deliver Talent Acquisition objectives through the development and management of recruitment and branding programs.
3. Develop and implement talent acquisition policies and procedures that are consistent with overall corporate strategy. Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations related to employment and hiring practices.
4. Coordinate the day-to-day compliance with Affirmative Action goals and programs in accordance with government regulations and organization policies.
5. Provide best practice recruitment and recommended solutions for talent acquisition practices. Partner with hiring managers to learn about open positions and review job description content to ensure the information is accurate, relevant and up to date for recruiting purposes.
6. Provide interview guides, education tools on selection processes and reports to enhance communication of recruitment and retention related efforts.
7. Execute sourcing plans to identify and recruit top talent, owning the candidate development process from identification and engagement to offer extension and closing.
8. Support recruiting strategy by attending networking events, college career fairs and other career events in order to build a database of potential candidates for existing and future hiring needs.
9. Identify and recruit the best and most diverse talent in the marketplace through proactive market intelligence processes.
10. Provide accurate and inspiring value proposition to potential candidates about CNA and the specific role.
11. Leverage the internet, social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates, and research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting. Engage and contribute to development of creative and cost-effective sourcing strategies
12. Participate in special projects, as required.
13. Perform other duties, as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business administration, human resources or related field, or equivalent experience, required. PHR certification is a plus.
Experience: Must have a minimum of five years of experience in professional level recruiting. Experience recruiting for positions within the government contracting arena is strongly preferred. Must also have experience using a variety of online recruitment platforms. Monitoring experience with Affirmative Action Plans required.
Skills: Must have demonstrated success in human resources and capability performing full life-cycle recruiting. Familiarity with recruitment industry trends/transformations, as well as an understanding of HRIS and applicant-tracking systems (Ceridian’s Dayforce preferred). Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of internal and external customers and handle multiple priorities in a deadline driven and multitask oriented environment; proven record of hiring and meeting goals. Ability to use quantitative skills to measure and track progress against recruiting goals. Advanced knowledge of MS Office with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point; experience conducting analysis within an analytical tool, such as Excel. Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong organizational skills with demonstrated high standard of quality and attention to detail. Excellent interpersonal, listening and networking skills are essential. Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving and consultative skills with ability to be solutions-oriented.
Other: Must be able to travel occasionally throughout the year to attend career fairs and other off-site recruiting events. Ability to obtain and maintain an active security clearance preferred.
CNA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service and protected veterans, or other non-merit based factors. In addition to federal legal requirements, CNA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. These protections extend to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting and hiring practices, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training and career development programs. For more information about EEO protections, please view the EEO is the law posters below: "EEO is the Law" Poster; "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Poster
To be considered for hire, all individuals applying for positions with CNA are subject to a background investigation. For positions requiring access to classified information, U.S. citizenship is required. Individuals will also be subject to an additional government background investigation, and continued employment eligibility is contingent upon the ability to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
- Job Family Human Resources
- Job Function Career Path III - Professional
- Pay Type Hourly
- CNA, 3003 Washington Blvd, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America