Database Admin Manager
COCC performs essential work in its support of financial institutions. We are continuing to grow our workforce and are looking for top talent to join our Top Workplace!
COCC delivers complete enterprise processing solutions to financial institutions throughout the northeastern United States. Listed among American Banker's FinTech 100 and the Inc. 5,000 fastest growing companies in the nation, COCC inspires the industry with innovation and top quality support. Designated as a Top Workplace in Connecticut, COCC recognizes employees as the core of our success! COCC offers a progressive training program to support employees in personal and professional development.
What we need…
COCC is actively searching for a Database Administration Manager to provide leadership for the Database Administration team, which is responsible for the installation and maintenance of organizational databases. The primary function is to supervise a team of database administrators that architect, design, implement, and maintain Oracle and Microsoft database solutions in support of business needs. This person will serve as the departments’ principal point of contact for operational and technical support with respect to database administration.
What’s in it for you…
All of the benefits you’d expect from an award winning employer plus:
- A robust employee training and development program
- Generous PTO offering as well as competitive pay and benefits
- On-site fitness center
- Tuition Reimbursement
- One on one career coaching
- Financial planning assistance with certified professionals
- Fun employee events such as company outings, trivia, sports leagues wellness events
- Peer recognition programs
What you’ll do…
- Oversee and coordinate the DBA day-to-day and user support activities, ensuring timely and accurate resolution of user problems and concerns with respect to core software components- targeting a 100% uptime
- Oversee and coordinate the implementation of projects and work requests involving database administration
- Management responsibilities, including recommendations for hiring, firing, performance evaluation, training, work allocation and problem resolution
- Identify and implement process improvements and automation opportunities
- Partner with other managers on the coordination and delivery of large projects
- Develop staff by providing coaching, mentoring, training, and stretch opportunities
- Identify and act on both fixed and variable staffing needs based on business conditions
- Serves as principal point of expertise on all technical issues associated with data management and database administration; consult with and collaborate as appropriate with users in the structuring and development of data requirements
- Coordinates and monitor data security for the department; create and maintain audit logs and journals for daily critical tasks
- Prepares and maintain departmental security procedures manual (SPM)
- Participates in the development of operating goals and objectives for the department; recommends methods and procedures to enhance operations
- Maintains knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology and systems relating to database administration
What you’ll bring...
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience in database administration with extensive technical training in database theory, programming and design
- Experience involving overall responsibility for database design, monitoring, and establishment of policies and standards are critical
- Previous management experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and management both verbally and in writing
- Ability to effectively present information to groups of individuals
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, equations and permutations to problems.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as amortizations, schedules, frequency distributions, internal rates of return, analyses of variance and correlation techniques.
- Understanding of Financial Management including Budgeting, Capital and Expense Management.
- Able to calculate Return on Investment
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional/technical journals and technical procedures
- Knowledge of operating systems, hardware and software configuration, and associated technologies
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise
- Proficient in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, developing and implementing new strategies/procedures
- Ability to supervise and train employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions
- Knowledge of the operational and procedural aspects of computer systems, hardware, software and peripheral equipment
- Knowledge of data security and disaster recovery systems and procedures
- Ability to develop plans, and implement short- and long-range goals
- Ability to implement and troubleshoot programming changes and modifications
- Proficient in installing, maintaining, modifying, and upgrading database software
Accessibility - If you’re a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please let us know by calling 860-678-0444 or emailing TalentManagement@cocc.com. Please specify the help you need and we’ll be happy to get back to you!
- Employment Indicator Manager
- Rocky Hill, CT, USA