Supportive Employment Specialist ACT Team
Since 1984, Mosaic Community Services has transformed lives throughout central Maryland. Mosaic is devoted to its mission of enhancing the quality of life and promoting recovery to individuals with mental illness. We are committed to the success of our clients and employees.
Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities to obtain and maintain competitive employment in normal community settings. Conduct all phases of vocational services including engagement, assessment, job search, job development, and job support. Provide supportive counseling to enable clients to identify vocational strengths and challenges, establish vocational goals, and develop plans to reach them. Assist clients to recognize and target the symptoms of mental illness that interfere with their successful employment.
Consistently submit accurate documentation within 24 hours of service delivery.
2. Submit all monthly documentation by the established deadlines.
3. Remain up to date client records including annual paperwork and vocational plans.
Assertive Engagement and Outreach
1. Meet with clients within one week of referral for supported employment services.
2. Make outreach attempts as part of initial engagement, and at least weekly when client contact ceases
1. Conduct a vocational assessment that includes, but is not limited to the client’s overall rehabilitation goal, work background, interests, talents and skills, preferences, coping strategies, and other work related factors.
2. Explore job possibilities with the client by visiting possible work sites, and doing informational interviews.
2. Grow pipeline of business contacts and takes time to understand employers’ current business needs as well as expectations of the open positions.
3. Conduct job development by connecting with employers based on clients’ interests and abilities, and using extensive networking to identify potential job leads.
4. Work with employers to create customized employment positions when applicable (such as job carving, job sharing, modified job tasks, etc.)
5. Provide individualized follow-along supports to clients including crisis intervention, job coaching, advocacy and counseling to assist individuals with maintaining employment.
6. Provide individualized follow-along supports to employers.
Plan and provide work-related support services as necessary to include grooming and personal hygiene, securing appropriate clothing, wake up calls, and transportation.
2. Provide support with benefits counseling and education around work incentives to clients connected with supported employment services.
3. Work collaboratively with state vocational rehabilitation and other employment services/resources in the community.
4. Provide on-call coverage, as needed.
1. Bachelor’s degree in rehabilitation counseling, behavioral science or related discipline or significant experience working with adults with severe and persistent mental illness.
2. Minimum of one year of experience providing employment services.
3. Strong commitment to the rights and abilities of each person living with a severe mental illness to live in the community, work in a competitive job, and have access to helpful, adequate and continuous supports and services.
4. Skills sufficient to interact effectively with persons who have psychiatric disabilities in order to gain meaningful participation.
5. Skills and knowledge in performing supported employment activities including identifying and negotiating potential jobs, getting clients integrated into jobs, providing job coaching assistance, and client advocacy with employers and clients.
6. Valid Maryland driver’s license, have less than 3 points annually, and a safe driving record. Will require use of own vehicle.
12.Valid automobile insurance coverage and be willing to transport clients in own vehicle when necessary.
Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/MosaicServices
Check out the Mosaic videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/MosaicServices
For more information on Mosaic, or for other job opportunities, visit our website at http://www.mosaicinc.org/
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $15.50
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Hardees Drive, 1040 Hardees Drive, Aberdeen, Maryland, United States of America