Outside Sales Representative
Lafayette, LA, USA Req #46
Friday, April 17, 2020
- Lead all sales and account/planning, forecasting, reporting efforts for assigned accounts within territory
- Understand, assess, and anticipate customers’ objectives, strategies, and requirements to identify and pursue additional sales opportunities
- Complete pre-call planning activities that allow for effective and efficient sales calls
- Acquire new customers to maximize growth - most of our reps visit 10+ accounts/day at times which combine new client presentations and servicing existing accounts.
- Manage small accounts efficiently by engaging customer service or directing the customer to online ordering, building the customer's e-commerce strategy and abilities
- Focus on strategic selling with mid and large size accounts, selling Myers’ programs, inventory systems, and solutions
- Responsible for escalated customer service issue follow-up, but not necessarily the primary contact point for issue resolution - follows up accordingly.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Pricing and Inventory Analysts, Customer Service Reps and other Associates within Myers Tire Supply to present "product demos" and other training presentations to accomplish complete full-solution selling for the customer.
- Customer focus
- Understanding sales processes
- Solution oriented
- Consultative selling ability
- Team Player
- Ability to listen intently and comprehend needs
- Self motivation to improve skills / approach new potential customers
- Ability to drive growth
- Technical capacity - find and share ways to work "smart"
- Coachability - Ability to coach others and be coached.
- Excellent verbal and written skills - communicate ideas effectively
- Outstanding time management ability. "Get Stuff Done" mentality.
- High School Diploma required; college degree preferred
- Successful sales history with 2+ years outside sales experience (preferred)
- Automotive experience in Tire Repair, Tire Center Operations, Auto Parts, Underhood, TPMS, or Auto Mechanic skills will help tremendously with your success.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products - Word, Excel, PowerPoint incredibly helpful.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable motor vehicle report (insurable)
- Job Function Sales
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Lafayette, LA, USA