Shentel (NASDAQ: SHEN) is a regional telecommunications company successfully providing a broad range of telecommunication solutions for over 110 years. Shentel is committed to enriching the lives of the customers we serve with the highest quality telecommunication services by making major investments in technology easy. It is our vision to provide rural communities with access to the same level of telecommunications services as those found anywhere else in the US. With operations in multiple states, we provide our customers with wireline and wireless telephone, Cable TV, and internet. In addition Shentel is proud to be an affiliate of Sprint. We own and operate the more than 1000 towers that support our wireless network and employ the teams who work in our 48 Sprint stores, provide customer service, and operate the wireless network. We are looking for dedicated people with professional attitudes who take pride in providing superior customer service, closing sales and driving success of all of the facets of our business. We're Shentel. Always connected to you. Shentel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
If you’re like a lot of people, you’re excited to get your career moving. So where do you begin?
Most of our Broadband Techs start their careers at Shentel fresh, enthusiastic to earn, while they learn. By the time they complete their training, they are capable men and women, well-educated on our systems and equipment, applying the range of tools and techniques they learned. With a focus on growing your skills you can quickly become a valued technician like the ones our customers trust to deliver high-quality Shentel services. The services you will be working on includes gigabit internet services to both homes and business, digital video services and phone.
Get Next-Level Know-How
Getting started means getting up to date with all that Shentel has to offer. We’ll teach you to install and service Shentel products in our customers' homes. You’ll get online classroom training and comprehensive hands-on in the field with experienced industry experts in home installation of broadband services and WiFi networks. We’re talking power tools, cable and telecom equipment, meters and apps, computers and software, pole and ladder skills and safety, and more. We provide the gear, and the knowledge you gain will make you a valuable in-home service professional. There’s also support in case you need a quick refresher or higher-level backup.
Climb the Ladder at Shentel
Are you ready to see how far you can go? There are always opportunities to grow and succeed at Shentel, and we’re proud when our people achieve more. It shows in the fact that so many of our Field Operations supervisors, and managers started as Field Techs themselves. They know exactly what it takes to thrive and how to best support their team, whether that means onsite backup or being available to talk through issues. They started where you are now and can help you build a strong foundation for a career that progresses as you do.
Physical Requirements: This is a physical job, so you should have the strength and flexibility to:
• Move over all types of terrain in all kinds of weather while carrying tools and equipment
• Operate weight-bearing equipment, such as gaffs, safety harnesses, extension ladders, and carry fully.
• Must be able to communicate tactfully & effectively both face-to-face and remotely over the phone with both customers and company personnel.
• Have a valid driver’s license
• Experience with installing and servicing home or business video, internet and phone services is preferred, but if you do not have experience, we will train you.
• Able to demonstrate basic PC/tablet skills using basic software applications like email and web browsers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Installs and repairs video, internet and phone services for residential and business customers.
• Installs and repairs all required wiring/cabling and hardware required to support all services. This may include fiber, coax and Ethernet cabling.
• Programs and configures digital set top boxes, video appliances and home WiFi services and assists customers with configuration of their home equipment and electronics.
• Operates and maintains all field tools, which includes climbing devices, ladders, hand and power tools, test equipment, laptops/tablets and network meters.
• Observes all company safety procedures at all times.
• Will be expected to support on-call rotation and periodic weekend work may be required.
• Working conditions include climbing, working in attic crawl spaces, working at heights and driving across service territories in a company vehicle.
Shentel provides a drug-free workplace and is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
If you require accommodation or assistance to complete the online application process, due to a medical condition or impairment, please contact a HR Representative at 540-984-5241 or firstname.lastname@example.org. When you contact a HR Representative please identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. We will assist you promptly.