Staff Accountant I
Boston, MA, USA
Friday, July 17, 2020
Ultimus LeverPoint is currently seeking a Staff Accountant to join our Fund Team in Boston, MA. The Staff Accountant provides daily accounting support for Private Equity and Venture Capital fund clients. Responsibilities consist primarily of recording daily accounting activities across multiple funds. Such accounting activities include: journal entries related to investments, capital calls, line of credit activity, distributions, client report preparation and/or review of cash reporting, expenses and accruals. This position will require regular interaction with clients and team members. Successful candidates will possess the following
This position will require a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field with preferably 1-3 years’ experience in those related fields. Successful candidates must have proficiency in Microsoft Office and QuickBooks. Ability to multitask; excellent communication, time management, planning and problem-solving skills. Ability to communicate professionally and effectively through written and oral communication with current and potential clients.
- Preparation of basic journal entries and general ledger maintenance;
- Preparation of periodic recurring bank reconciliations (i.e. weekly or monthly) and cash composition reports;
- Preparation of quarterly and annual reporting packages prior to management approval;
- Preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements prior to management approval;
- Preparation of basic capital calls and distributions prior to management approval;
- Preparation of correspondence with client investors to address inquiries;
- Prepare team wires/transfers prior to treasury approval and sign off;
- Completion of special projects as required;
- Continually updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; internal company and team trainings; maintains personal networks; participates in professional development opportunities and;
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- 0-3 years’ (relevant) experience in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred;
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field;
- Advanced degree (MBA or MSA) in Accounting or related field strongly preferred;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license is strongly preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to multitask, time management, attention to detail, planning and problem-solving skills required;
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally and effectively through written and oral communication with current and potential clients;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities and deadlines
Ultimus Leverpoint is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of the applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, citizenship or any other status entitled to protection under federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws. No questions on our employment application are intended to secure information that is to be used for impermissible purposes.