Sr. Project Manager - Finance and Mortgage/Loan Servicing
We’re looking for amazing people! Come join VHDA as a Senior Project Manager. This important role will manage multiple projects under the Enterprise Project Management Office (ePMO) by planning, directing, and coordinating activities to ensure goals and objectives are accomplished within timeframe and funding parameters.
Our ideal Senior Project Manager will have exceptional organizational and proactive planning skills throughout the full project lifecycle, ensures communication is thorough, consistent, and accounts for variations to reach each audience, and is highly focused on collaboration to find solutions to keep momentum on project timelines. A Project Manager who works collaboratively to support ePMO work efforts and team members, highly proactive, resourceful, and takes the initiative on managing scope, timeline, resources, and budget; takes ownership of the success or failure of a project and tasks, and has critical observation skills to extract actionable tasks and assignments; works with integrity and presents all ePMO work honestly and ethically.
Responsibilities will include:
• Plan, monitor, and report on progress across Enterprise projects and efforts as assigned.
• Manage Enterprise program and project budgets under the ePMO.
• Manage use and assignment of ePMO resources across a program's projects, including managing and working directly with external vendors, ensuring accountability for contractual deliverables.
• Project and Vendor contract management; ensure contract deliverables are met.
• Lead core Project teams while monitoring scope, schedule, & cost across finance, mortgage, and loan related projects.
• Act as collaborative partner with VHDA stakeholders and other ePMO team members.
• Facilitate project meetings on planned and agreed upon cadence ensuring agendas are actionable, and outputs (decisions, actions items, risks, and/or issues) are documented and distributed.
• Provide accurate and timely project status reports.
• Support executive sponsor or designee at governance meetings, as needed.
• Adhere to and champion existing methodologies and governance.
• Plan and ensure implementation of financial and mortgage related projects, and other duties assigned.
• Manage and communicate risks, issues, changes and action items. Maintain program/project risk register.
• Assist in coordination of customer acceptance testing and/or training, as necessary.
• Close projects, including managing the handover of project deliverables and holding project reviews/lessons learned, as appropriate.
• Manage escalation appropriately under manager guidance, quantify impact for risks and issues.
• As a center of excellence, the ePMO’s expectations focus on high quality work products and effort.
• Utilize diplomacy to logically manage conflict, diffusing negativity where applicable. Facilitate collaboration to gain common ground and confer with ePMO manager for advisement when necessary.
• PMs are expected to manage project budget and ensure VHDA resources are used efficiently.
• Develop project/stakeholder specific project delivery approach with collaboration from ePMO manager and team to ensure palatability, partnership and acceptance.
• Diffuse negative perception by course adjusting when constructive criticism is provided by management.
• Apply versatility to both work assigned and approach to ensure deliverables are met; evaluate tools across methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) to determine best fit for efficiency and ease of use by project sponsors and team.
• Ability to internalize feedback from ePMO manager, grow and improve, and manage perception.
Qualified candidates must possess a minimum of 7 years’ advanced knowledge and progressive experience to perform as a Senior PM, preferred. Both Waterfall and Agile methodology experience required. Several years of previous experience working with and managing vendors as resources and contracts; experience in client-facing, customer oriented roles is required. Experience facilitating and conducting training within an organization. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent working experience. Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite is required.
Preferred experience includes extensive Project Management experience with vast knowledge of finance, loan, and mortgage related projects. Moderate or greater proficiency in Microsoft Project is preferred.
Certifications preferred or considered a plus: PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) or Program Management Professional (PgMP), Agile or equivalent designation.
VHDA is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at: http://www.vhda.com/careers.
This position will remain open until filled.
Hiring Range: $78,857 - $102,513
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
- EOE -
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $78,857.00
- Max Hiring Rate $102,513.00
- Richmond, VA, USA