Business Analyst - ePMO
We’re looking for amazing people! Come join VHDA as a Business Analyst. This important role discovers and documents collective knowledge by gathering, analyzing, and managing business requirements and processes for multiple concurrent programs and projects for VHDA’s Enterprise Project Management Office (ePMO). The BA ensures that requirements and other documented inputs are captured correctly and comprehensively reflect the customer’s needs.
Our ideal Business Analyst is focused on collaboration to find solutions to keep momentum on project timelines, ensures communication is thorough, consistent, and accounts for variations to reach each audience. A BA who works collaboratively to support ePMO work efforts and team members; highly proactive, resourceful, and takes the initiative on ensuring requirements and documented processes are thorough; takes ownership of the success or failure of a project and tasks, and has critical observation skills to extract actionable tasks and assignments; works with integrity and presents all ePMO work honestly and ethically.
Responsibilities will include:
• Identifying business needs and defining feasible solution scopes.
• Working with stakeholders to understand their working environments while evaluating other work effort requirements that may cuase conflict or redundancy.
• Identifying and documenting business, technical, product, process, and workflow requirements.
• Analyzing, understanding, and documenting “current state” processes to ensure that the clients and project team understand the context and implications of change.
• Working with the client to prioritize and rationalize requirements.
• Assembling and presenting information to management-level positions, as necessary.
• Contributing to Risk Register, Risk Management Plan, and Issue Log, as managed by Program/Project Manager (PM), including by providing any necessary analysis and escalation recommendations.
• Reviewing and providing feedback on IT Test Plans.
• Creating or contributing to Training Strategy and Plan.
• Assisting with Quality Assurance Testing, as necessary.
• Coordinating User Acceptance Testing, as necessary.
• Assisting in end-user training coordination and development by suggesting the best fit approach.
• Assisting in production verification and initial support for end-users, as necessary.
• Providing back-up support to PM, as necessary.
• Providing light PM functions on smaller, operational efforts, as necessary when a PM is not otherwise assigned.
• Supporting the day-to-day operations of the ePMO as assigned.
• Reviewing and grooming backlog of work.
Project Delivery Support
• Manage escalation appropriately under Manager guidance, quantify impact for risks and issues.
• As a Center of Excellence, the ePMO’s expectations focus on high-quality work products and effort. Completed work products (customer deliverables) should be peer and Manager reviewed.
• Utilize diplomacy to logically manage conflict, diffusing negativity where applicable. Facilitate collaboration to gain common ground and confer with ePMO Manager for advisement when necessary.
• Develop project/stakeholder specific project delivery approach with collaboration from Project Manager and ePMO Manager and team to ensure palatability, partnership and acceptance.
• Diffuse negative perception by course adjusting when constructive criticism is provided by management.
• Apply versatility to both work assigned and approach to ensure deliverables are met; evaluate tools across methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) to determine best fit for efficiency and ease of use by project sponsors and team.
• Demonstrate ability to internalize feedback from ePMO Manager, grow and improve, and manage perception.
Qualified candidates must possess a minimum of 7 years’ advanced knowledge and progressive experience to perform as a Business Analyst, preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft (MS) Office applications and MS Visio. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Certifications preferred or considered a plus: PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA), Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP), Agile Analysis (IIBA-AAC) or equivalent designation or ability to obtain certification in a timely fashion.
VHDA is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at: http://www.vhda.com/careers.
This position will remain open until filled.
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
- EOE -
- Pay Type Salary
- Richmond, VA, USA