Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as a Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. This important role will be a thought leader, champion and practitioner of diversity, equity and inclusion for Virginia Housing. You will be empowered to enhance and expand our DEI initiatives and help to ensure they are embedded in our business practices and culture.
Responsibilities will include:
• Develop, implement, and evolve Virginia Housing’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Strategic Plan and strategies in partnership with key stakeholders and align with business goals and objectives.
• Partner with the business units to provide minority outreach programs to the marketplace, including development of external relationships to increase business in underserved communities by leveraging lender partners through initiatives such as financial literacy, foreclosure prevention, and increasing consumer trust in the housing market.
• Identify, build and sustain community partnership to support diversity, equity and inclusion in Virginia Housing’s plans, projects, initiatives and business strategies.
• Partner with Human Resources to create and support strategies to recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive, and talented workforce while ensuring compliance with equal employment opportunity and other requirements. Assist in designing and launching programs focused on underrepresented groups that support the development of diverse talent pipelines.
• Establish and lead a DEI Council and Employee Resource Groups (ERG) for groups such as minorities, LGBTQ+ or other affinities based on needs that are focused on learning, growth, collaboration and alignment with Virginia Housing’s mission and DEI strategy.
• Evaluate Virginia Housing’s DEI strategy and progress through a data drive approach; utilize data to help inform priorities and measure the effectiveness of programs and initiatives; conduct research and benchmarking analysis, including monitoring and reporting on DEI topics to identify best practices and make recommendations for strategies and solutions that support a culture of inclusion in support of Virginia Housing’s mission.
Qualified candidates must possess Bachelor’s degree required and/or an advanced degree in business, behavioral/social science, human resource management or another relevant field. Master’s preferred. 5-7 years of experience managing corporate diversity and inclusion programs, specifically in the areas of procurement, recruiting, employee development, engagement and retention.
Preferred experience includes relevant work within a top financial institution or complex, highly regulated corporation is preferred. Certified Diversity Professional (CDP); Certified Diversity Executive (CDE); Cornell Certified Diversity Professional (CCDP); or other related diversity certification preferred.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at: http://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
This position will remain open until filled.
Hiring Range: $104,285- $135,570
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
- EOE -
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $104,285.00
- Max Hiring Rate $135,570.00
- Richmond, VA, USA