Document Control Specialist
We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as a Document Control Specialist. This important role manages and maintains all single-family loan files and closing documents in the Servicing Administration Department of the Homeownership Division. This includes scanning of legal documents into eDocs System, handling special projects and a variety of administrative tasks, while adhering to regulatory and Virginia Housing guidelines.
Responsibilities will include:
- Processing of electronic loan packages through Mortgage Cadence (Loan Origination System);
- Processing of original Notes and legal documents;
- Responsibility for the security of all loan files and documentation within the Homeownership Division in accord with the requirements of the Graham Leach Bliley Act;
- Conducting internal loan file audits;
- Researching of non-approved loan application files;
- Using various system applications to enter data or respond to inquiries of electronic documents;
- Utilizing reports to monitor the flow of incoming electronic documents for distribution;
- Monitoring the movement of original checks;
- Reviewing, compiling, sorting and preparing of legal files and follow-up legal documentation for scanning and conversion to an electronic state for assignment;
- Document recognition and sorting via web portal.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- High school diploma or GED;
- A few years’ experience with filing and other administrative tasks;
- Experience in the mortgage industry with knowledge of mortgage lending documents and terminology;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail and be self-driven;
- Strong customer service skills;
- The ability to work independently and meet deadlines;
- Be comfortable with repetitive tasks.
Preferred experience includes:
- Knowledge of Mortgage Cadence System or a similar loan origination system;
- Knowledge of Kofax scanning software or a similar scanning software.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at http://www.virginiahousing.com/careers until the position is filled.
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
Hiring Range $34,767 - $39,302
- EOE -
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $34,767.00
- Max Hiring Rate $39,302.00
- Required Education High School
- Richmond, VA, USA