Rental Housing Default Servicing Specialist
We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as a Default Servicing Specialist in our Rental Housing Division. This important role will be primarily responsible for processing, within the servicing system, the internal and external funds coming in and out of the Rental Housing Servicing department. The Default Servicing Specialist will also monitor the multifamily delinquencies to maintain low delinquency and foreclosure ratios for protection of our bond ratings.
Responsibilities will include:
- Processing and maintaining payments from mortgagors, management agents, attorneys, federal, state and local sources for all portfolio, construction loans, predevelopment loans and gap loans;
- Contacting delinquent accounts;
- Monitoring loans in default;
- Researching and responding to requests and inquiries received from mortgagors, management agents, attorneys, stakeholders and associates;
- Preparing reports and emails to detail delinquencies, late fees, payoffs and other pertinent information.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- High school diploma or equivalent and/or relevant work experience;
- A few years’ experience working in real estate, finance and/or servicing in the rental (multifamily) industry;
- Must be detailed-oriented with excellent customer service, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Must be flexible and versatile to work in a changing work environment with multiple deadlines and shifting priorities while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
Preferred experience includes:
- Associate’s degree in business or real estate with a few years of experience working in the affordable housing industry;
- Knowledge of McCracken Strategy and eDocs records management software.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at http://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
This position will close at midnight on Tuesday, September 22, 2020.
Hiring Range $45,980 - $59,774
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $45,980.00
- Max Hiring Rate $59,774.00
- Glen Allen, VA, USA