Junior Systems Engineer
We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as a Junior Systems Engineer in our Information Technology Division.
This important role will work with the Systems Engineer to provide assistance with monitoring, maintaining and evaluating the architecture and integration of all desktop, laptop and associated peripheral devices for Virginia Housing. The Junior Systems Engineer will support technologists in aligning Virginia Housing’s desktop environment with industry best practices, utilizing innovative technological solutions through research, design, development and implementation, maintaining a highly scalable desktop infrastructure.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Systems Engineer on System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), other PC management tools and best practices for software and computer management;
- Ensuring that the desktop/laptop/peripheral devices are updated with current, stable versions of software products; maintaining currency with operating system and support software; assisting in planning and deployment development of major desktop hardware/software upgrades; ensuring change management procedures and methodologies are implemented and followed, and reporting findings to Systems Engineer;
- Providing assistance in desktop environment patch compliance and alignment with industry standards, ensuring technologists are following procedures, mitigating known risks and utilizing due diligence in prevention of potential unknown risks following all Virginia Housing governance processes;
- Ensuring that image design, development, deployment, implementation and maintenance align with industry best practices and follow all documented policies and procedures;
- Evaluating tools for implementation and maintenance of desktop hardware, images, laptops, peripherals and desktop maintenance and providing recommendations to the Systems Engineer;
- Working with Security Team and Systems Engineer in defining and evaluating data security for all desktop/laptop/associated peripheral devices;
- Working with Software Licensing Specialist to maintain PC/workstation-based application software versions, software deployment and license tracking, and recommend refreshment timeline for software upgrades;
- Evaluating client application packages; documenting outlined recommendations and best practices, and reporting findings to Systems Engineer.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent, relevant work experience;
- A few years of experience in Desktop Architecture/Engineering or application packaging;
- Knowledge and experience with multi-platform and operating systems environments;
- Strong interpersonal, verbal communication and organizational skills;
- Experience with developing and implementing custom solutions as well as bringing new ideas.
Preferred experience includes:
- MCSA and/or MCSE certification;
- Experience with SCCM and MOM, including design, proofs of concept, pilot implementations, packaging and image deployment technologies.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at http://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
This position will close at midnight on Monday, September 28, 2020.
Hiring Range: $60,806 - $79,047
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
- EOE -
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $60,806.00
- Max Hiring Rate $79,047.00
- Richmond, VA, USA