Loan Collections Officer
We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as a Loan Collections Officer in our Default Administration Department.
This important role will serve as the primary point of contact for our mortgagors regarding their past due loans and be responsible for providing professional service to our borrowers; performing preliminary loss mitigation review to determine hardships and identify potential loss mitigation candidates.
- Effectively and efficiently responding to borrower requests via phone and e-mail using appropriate collections and counselling techniques while adhering to Virginia Housing, federal, state, investor and insurer regulations and guidelines;
- Researching and resolving inquiries by collaborating with internal and external partners;
- Collecting on all stages of delinquent accounts determining appropriate action to bring loan current or refer to loss mitigation;
- Sending out borrower assistance packages and default letters;
- Having a clear understanding of the FDCPA.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent vocational/technical training;
- A few years’ experience of mortgage and/or collections experience;
- A good working knowledge of GSE and Conventional default collections guidelines;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to maintain composure under pressure and in confrontational situations;
- Strong analytical abilities and active listening skills.
Knowledge of Black Knight/LPS Servicing System is preferred.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at http://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
This position will close at midnight on October 16, 2020.
Hiring Range: $45,980 - $59,774
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
- EOE -
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $45,980.00
- Max Hiring Rate $59,774.00
- Richmond, VA, USA