Senior Security Engineer
We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as a Senior Security Engineer.
This important role will serve as the lead engineer for our security infrastructure and will oversee Virginia Housing’s network security and design to ensure that best practice security configurations are in place. The Security Engineer will work across the enterprise to design and develop complex security solutions to protect against today's threats and to help grow and protect Virginia Housing’s business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Securing and hardening Virginia Housing’s infrastructure, including (but not limited to) systems, networks, endpoints, SaaS integrations and cloud resources;
- Proactively protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information in the custody of, or processed by the company, by:
- responding in a timely manner to a loss or misuse of network assets;
- participating in investigations of suspected network misuse or in compliance reviews;
- communicating unresolved network security exposures, misuse or noncompliance situations to management.
- Collaborating with operational teams to identify, resolve and mitigate risk and vulnerabilities;
- Staying informed of emerging security technologies and evaluating their value to the organization's operations;
- Analyzing and defining business requirements to determine specifications and standards, proposing and developing security solutions;
- Translating Virginia Housing’s information security strategy and hyper-converged architecture into a highly available and secure technical implementation, in accordance with best industry practices.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent relevant work experience;
- At least one of the following certifications: CISSP, CCSP, GSEC, GCIA, GISF, GCED, GMON, GPPA, CEH, CompTIA Security+, CCNP Security, VCP6-NV;
- Several years of experience in Infrastructure and Information Security within IT, preferably with experience as a tech lead;
- Working knowledge of incident response, threat modeling and mitigation;
- Working knowledge of common information security management frameworks such as ISO27001;
- Demonstrated competency in project management and effective management of resources in the execution of multiple projects;
- Successful experience working with customers to develop effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems with experience participating on multi-discipline, high-performance work teams/groups.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at http://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
This position will remain open until filled.
Salary Range: $92,478 - $120,219
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
- EOE -
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $92,478.00
- Max Hiring Rate $120,219.00
- Richmond, VA, USA