During this current situation with COVID-19, the ABA will continue to accept and process applications for job opportunities. We will conduct our recruitment process via alternative means (virtual interviews) for the time being.
The ABA recruits employees seeking opportunities for challenging and substantive work defending liberty and pursuing justice in the U.S. and around the world. The ABA offers competitive employment benefits which include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k), commuter benefits, and more.
- Maintain existing and develop new UI features
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Follow secure development practices
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end services
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Skills and Qualifications
• 8+ years of Java development experience
- Degree with a concentration in computer science technology or a related area
- Strong understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Strong understanding of frameworks and libraries particularly JQuery and LoDash
- Good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance
- Good understanding of Front-End development on Adobe Experience Manager platform
- Good understanding of secure development practices
- Basic understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with the American Bar Association please call 312-988-5188.
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Wednesday, July 3, 2019
- ABA Chicago, 321 North Clark, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America