ProBAR - Outreach Associate ProBAR
During this current situation with COVID-19, the ABA will continue to accept and process applications for job opportunities. We will conduct our recruitment process via alternative means (virtual interviews) for the time being.
The ABA recruits employees seeking opportunities for challenging and substantive work defending liberty and pursuing justice in the U.S. and around the world. The ABA offers competitive employment benefits which include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k), commuter benefits, and more.
Accountable for representing and promoting ProBAR and its mission to diverse audiences and develops initiatives and partnerships to advance ProBAR’s work with adult and children in immigration detention. Starting salary may vary based on qualifications.
Please include cover letter and resume when submitting your application.
Principal Duties/Job Responsibilities
- Develops, writes, and designs web content, promotional materials, and other outreach communication in accordance with a changing legal environment and evolving organizational needs. Manages, updates, and deploys print and web-based materials according to departmental priorities. Creates, designs, edits, and produces outreach publications and materials.
- Recruits and manages volunteers. Reviews and evaluates volunteer inquiries from attorneys and non-attorneys. Matches qualified volunteers with appropriate opportunities. Designs and manages volunteer-related initiatives.
- Identifies, develops, and implement strategies for outreach to law schools, bar associations, stakeholders, and other audiences to promote and further ProBAR’s work.
- Cognizant of changing immigration laws and detention policies, procedures and conditions, tracks, analyzes and strategizes communication of these trends to appropriate audiences.
- Considers staff needs, identifies, and manages training and enrichment opportunities for staff.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Required Education and Qualifications
Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Political Science, Public Affairs, Latin American Studies, Social Work or related fields from an accredited college or
university, and 2 years of job related experience.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Intermediate proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of products and with Google tools and products.
Able to effectively communicate in-person, by telephone, and via email with a variety of audiences including personnel from other organizations and volunteers.
This position requires the ability to travel to and enter care provider facilities funded by the Office of Refugee Resettlement, Administration for Children and Families, United States Department of Health and Human Services which provide housing and services to unaccompanied children. This position may require the provision of legal services to unaccompanied children in such care provider facilities. In accordance with the federal regulation, background check will be required for this position.
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Political Science, Public Affairs, Latin American Studies, Social Work or similar related field from an accredited college or university, or completion of job related course work and 4 years of job related experience, or 6 years of job related experience.
Fluency in English and Spanish in written and oral forms.
Previous experience writing, editing, and producing publications.
Prior volunteer, community, or work experience regarding immigration or detention.
Prior experience in a nonprofit setting, particularly in roles involving volunteer management or outreach responsibilities.
Prior experience in legal and/or social services-oriented organizations.
Typical office setting, working with computer and other office equipment as well as responding to incoming phone calls, and emails. Some tasks may involve lifting or organizing supplies and/or promotional materials.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $45,700.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 15
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- TX ProBAR, 202 South First Street, Harlingen, Texas, United States of America