Alta Resources is Hiring!
The Systems Analyst's role is to design, engineer, develop, implement, launch, and maintain one or more systems and services from among, but not limited to servers, thin clients, network services, application systems, databases, storage systems, and data archiving systems in support of Alta Resources core technology infrastructure. The Systems Analyst ensures the stability and integrity of the core technology. The Systems Analyst executes work activity in accordance with the overall strategic plans developed by IT Architects. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve technology issues in a timely and accurate fashion in order to maximize the benefit of Alta Resources core technologies.
Strategy and Planning
• Develops and assists with all necessary leadership and staff members in the research, planning, design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance of new and existing technology solutions.
• Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing infrastructure. Analyze system usage and plan for growth or increases in capacity and/or licensing. Assess and recommend appropriate technologies to solve business problems/opportunities.
• Acquire a strong understanding of the functional business disciplines serviced by the
technologies being designed or supported to ensure that the service provided is
timely, effective and appropriate.
• Establish proactive, confidence-inspiring client relationships to ensure technology development and maintenance efforts meet business goals.
Execution and Delivery Service
• Create and maintain documentation as it relates to supported systems, services and quality assurance policies and procedures.
• Monitor system and services (servers, network, applications, database, storage systems, etc.) performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
• Respond to and resolve system access and performance issues.
• Ensure that the deployments of supported systems and services meet business requirements and goals, as well as fulfill user requirements
• Manage the remote access, security, and collaboration solutions across the organization
• Maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to supported systems and services.
• Perform transaction and security audits as necessary.
• Interact with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure products and services.
• Develop knowledge and experience in resolving support requests for Services Support, Application Support, or Infrastructure Support as applicable. This will include problem solving and the related activities specific to the type of problem, covering the analysis, design, implementation and maintenance of complex business and technical solutions from the client perspective.
• Analyze specific functional and technical problems and business requirements and prepare detailed resolution approaches. Provide the full complement of technology support services as required on assigned work efforts.
• Develop and leverage a working to expert knowledge of standard services, applications, and infrastructure technologies as required. This may include programming language(s), operating systems, programming, techniques, data base management systems, productivity tools and other hardware and software facilities to produce the most effective and timely results for the functional areas being served.
• Perform or direct the performance of, standard application and infrastructure support activities based on specific assignments. Leverage an advanced knowledge of services, applications and hardware to conduct problem resolution, analysis, design, development, and implementation activity.
• Test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
• Display skill in the use of control techniques and support methodology to meet assignment requirements.
• Create technical documentation for Information Technology staff to follow when completing procedures.
• Provide 24x7 on call rotation support for all supported technologies.
Communication and Collaboration
• Establish proactive, confidence-inspiring client relationships to fulfill all aspects of specific assignments within Services Support, Application Support, or Infrastructure Support as applicable.
• Produce and communicate status of deliverables relative to milestones, variances, open issues, and client acceptance.
• Respond to requests for enhancements to existing technologies by clearly defining the business problem/opportunity and the approach to satisfying the request.
• Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
• Maintaining regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule of availability are conditions of employment and essential function of this position.
• Although this position will not have responsibility for direct reports, the position requires active leadership in the way of supporting strategic initiatives as well as active personal development and application of Six Sigma methodologies
MINIMUM COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
Education: 2 year technical degree or an Associate’s degree in IT-Related field required;
Four year college or university degree in IT-related field preferred;
Work Experience: At least two years of Help Desk and Customer Service Experience required.
At least two years required up to four years’ experience of general IT preferred. With two years of desktop, systems design and implementation experience required. At least one year required up to two years’ hands on technical experience in 2-3 of the following technical skill sets listed below required:
Certifications / Licenses: Citrix Xen Server and Citrix Xen Desktop highly desired
Citrix Xen Server and Citrix Xen Desktop highly desired
Microsoft Windows 2008 clusters
Cisco UCS Blade system with multiple PODs - Cisco Nexus 7k switching.
Deployment/upgrades for MS Exchange, Share Point, Project, System Center, Active Directory, and Lync
Multiple Compellent SANs utilizing live volume, thin replication, instant replay and other services
Cisco Fabric Manager
Brocade and Cisco Fiber Channel switches
HP Proliant Servers with SIM monitoring
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision is required.
• Gain commitment on decisions through collaboration and persuasion; be able to inspire enthusiasm and commitment in others at all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs.
• Willingness to tackle problems and seek out new opportunities.
• Ability to simplify complex issues, can differentiate between critical details and unimportant facts, has a logical thought process in resolving problems.
• Demonstrated technical proficiency, attention to detail, and continuous improvement.
• Demonstrated productivity, managed priorities and time, and followed procedures.
• Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively by displaying strong verbal and written skills. Listen for understanding.
• Meets commitments, stays focused under pressure, accept accountability.
• Built strong relationships, able to give and receive constructive feedback, and worked well with others. Ability to mentor others successfully.
• Proven experience in the implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
• Exhibit the ability to translate complex technical topics into understandable business language in order to explain and justify technical needs and solutions to non-technical audiences.
• Ability to work effectively within and across teams and global locations.
• The ability to think conceptually as well as creatively is a plus for this job.
TECHNOLOGY SKILL BASE
This position requires a working knowledge of computer technology that includes: Microsoft Office Suite, Citrix Xen Server and Citrix Xen Desktop highly desired, Multiple VMware vCenters with multiple VMware Clusters ,Microsoft Windows 2008 clusters ,Cisco UCS Blade system with multiple PODs - Cisco Nexus 7k switching.
Deployment/upgrades for MS Exchange, Share Point, Project, System Center, Active Directory, and Lync, Multiple Compellent SANs utilizing live volume, thin replication, instant replay and other services , Cisco Fabric Manager , Brocade and Cisco Fiber Channel switches , HP Proliant Servers with SIM monitoring . Individuals in this position must possess the ability to learn and understand new software and other technology applications as introduced by Client and Alta Resources.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The environment for which this position functions contains scents and fragrances related to product samples that are necessary to have on site in order to complete the essential job functions of this position or others positions within the same area. Due to the nature of this work individuals are required to be on-sight during hours designated by the client, however, the occasion will arise when the employee must be off-site due to business functions.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines