Social Media Specialist
I. JOB SUMMARY
The Social Media Specialist is responsible for development and distribution of AOA branded content across multiple communication platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram and more. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, versatile writer and team player who can leverage written and visual storytelling to communicate the distinctiveness of osteopathic medicine and support the organization’s strategic plan through social media.
The Specialist will collaborate with subject matter experts both inside and outside the organization to create differentiated content, graphics and on-brand activations that communicate news and issues relevant to healthcare consumers, osteopathic physicians, and medical students. They will deliver and respond to content in real-time to meet organizational priorities and brand initiatives, as well as monitor outcomes and use metrics to guide future engagement.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Generate, edit and share daily content (text, images, video or HTML) that raises
awareness, drives meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
• Moderate user-generated content to align with the policy for each platform. Monitor, track and report on feedback and online reviews.
• Partner with other communications team members to build an editorial calendar and strategic content packages, planning and developing infographics and multimedia content as needed.
• Deliver against multiple deadlines, shifting priorities as needed to meet organizational goals.
• Edit the work of others as needed, checking for factual accuracy, grammar, spelling, punctuation, brand consistency, voice and style.
• Coach and/or collaborate with communications colleagues on best practices for social media and multimedia content production.
• Prepare monthly reports on social media marketing efforts and outcomes.
• Research opportunities for new social platforms and adapt current properties to fit organizational needs.
III. OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
• As needed, travels to cover AOA events.
• Support media relations and marketing on project-by-project basis.
• Repurposes content for consumer and physician audiences as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATION OR EXPERIENCE
• Education: Bachelors in marketing, public relations, journalism, video production, communications or related field.
• Experience: 3+ years of social media marketing experience or online community management, preferably in a high-performing, results-based environment. Social analytics tools knowledge.
• Licensure or Certification: None required.
V. SPECIAL SKILLS/EQUIPMENT
• Experience with AP Style.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency in time management.
• Experience with HTML coding and content management systems.
• Knowledge of video editing software tools and Photoshop.
VI. PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS/WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Lifting: Minimal, less than 20 lbs.
Vision: Computer, phone
High pressure, goal oriented, fast-paced. Able to handle multiple responsibilities
Normal office environment
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Chicago, 142 E Ontario St, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America