0905 - TRC - Finance - Payroll Specialist
Specialist - Payroll Clerk
To assist in the preparation of payroll and in maintaining appropriate payroll records and reports.
- To assist in alphabetizing and preparing bi-weekly time sheets and payroll maintenance forms for compute input.
- Assist with input into computer all authorized time sheets and changes as well as expense reimbursements
- Complete payroll processing per payroll processing manual.
- Complete requests for wage verifications
- Perform research for any error or audit reports, necessary adjustments, and manual check requests
- Process manual checks and supplemental payrolls
- Assist in verifying payroll changes
- Knowledge of how to correctly process garnishments, child support & levies
- Prepare daily deposits and Cash Receipts Journal: maintain daily Cash Sheet.
- Assist with agency bank reconciliations
- Prepare current quarter and prior quarter adjustments
- Assist in creating and running payroll system reports.
- Assist with quarterly time study process including tracking, follow up and entry of changes.
- Assist with quarterly and year end reporting and processing tasks.
- Communicate problems to appropriate individual (i.e. Senior Clerk, Payroll Supervisor, Controller, Director of Fiscal Services, Chief Financial Officer, Human Resources, staff and/or departmental supervisor).
- Interface with internal and external customers to address issues and follow up on needed items.
- Cover second desk in absence of payroll clerk (Able to correctly process payroll using instruction manual)
- Conduct new supervisor training
- Prepare and update, as necessary, instruction manual for assigned desk
- Maintain necessary policy and procedure documentation
- Other related duties as assigned
To assist and facilitate various functions within area of responsibility.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of and/or ability to use computer software such as Microsoft Excel and Word as well as related financial software. Ability to use office equipment such as calculator, copy machine, etc. Must be detailed oriented and able to adhere to time sensitive deadlines. Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse group of customers, both internal and external to the organization. Ability to
work non-traditional hours as needed or assigned to meet the needs of the department; ability and willingness to travel for work, including use of personal vehicle. Physical condition or reasonable accommodation(s) commensurate with the demands of the job.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or related field; OR Associates degree in accounting, business administration or related field and two (2) years of demonstrated office experience; OR six (6) years of demonstrated office experience in related capacity.
- Job Family TRC
- Pay Type Hourly
- 200 Dunham Ave, Jamestown, NY 14701, USA