1502 - TRC - FI - Self Determination Assistant
RESPONSIBLE TO: Individual/ Individual & Family
FUNCTION: Creates the opportunity for the achievement of greater independence, integration, individualization, and productivity for the individuals with developmental disabilities. Identifies and solidifies a variety of natural and community-based relationships. Provides the necessary supports to empower individuals to be successful in an environment of their choosing.
1. Assist individuals in establishing a variety of meaningful relationships
2. Assist individuals with bathing/hygiene, grooming, dressing, and toileting
3. Assist individuals with transferring and walking
4. Assist individuals with feeding and prepares meals
5. Assist individuals in using medical supplies and equipment, such as walkers or wheelchairs
6. Safely transports individuals to and from activities and/or appointments
7. Assist individuals with telephone/communication skills
8. Assists individuals with financial planning
9. Assists individuals with emergency evacuation planning and training
10. Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Comprehensive knowledge and demonstrated understanding of direct support tasks, skills, and competencies. Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment. Must be able to understand and adhere to established plans and protocols. Must be able to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing. Must be able to document and report in a clear, timely, and accurate manner. Must be well organized and able to multi-task. Must be reliable, flexible, and willing to meet the unique needs, interest, and aspirations of assigned individuals. Must agree to successfully complete and maintain required agency trainings, as applicable. Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the job, including, but not limited to: moving, lifting, transferring, or repositioning individuals.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess a high school diploma or GED. Experience with direct care and/or developmental disabilities is strongly preferred. Must be able to lift 50 pounds from floor. To waist level without restriction or limitation. Valid NYS Driver’s License with acceptable driving record per agency insurance carrier and the use of a personal vehicle for travel to multiple sited or equivalent accommodations is preferred.
Hours may vary depending on the needs of the individual
This position offers both Part Time and Full Time positions
- Job Family TRC
- Pay Type Hourly
- Jamestown, NY 14701, USA