2900 - TRC- Affirmative Government Contracts - Production Lead
RESPONSIBLE TO: Lead Manufacturer Supervisor
In this role, you will work in a fast-paced commercial sewing environment, where the quality of operator work is critical and accuracy is essential for sewing a variety of straps and
pouches to customer specifications. You will maintain effective communication with operators, plant supervisors and the production coordinator to advise them of quality issues so that any and all production issues can be addressed quickly.
- Demonstrated proficiency as a Production Worker 3 at skill level 3 which includes the advanced commercial sewing skills such as heavy-duty bar-tacking, use of heavy-duty sewing equipment, making repairs to product, ability to make model/prototype pieces.
- Ensure quality and quantity of product meet customer specifications.
- Ensure all employees in the cell have their required quality approved sample piece and can produce it for inspection.
- Perform sample quality inspections on product coming off of each operation on the line during first hour of shift.
- Obtain hourly production quantity data from operators throughout shift.
- Monitor new operator product quality while in training or for lines that do not run consistently. Cell Leader approves operator to full production based on meeting establishes quality criteria.
- Performs hourly quality inspection on the most current piece operator has sewn. Evaluate product meets established quality criteria.
- Must clock in and out of EPICOR.
- Maintain a positive, can-do, customer focused attitude while performing job tasks accurately.
- Maintain housekeeping standards and working safely.perform all other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have previous experience operating commercial and heavy-duty sewing equipment with single/double needle to perform bench assembly, auto and heavy bar-tacking,
operation of stud/post machine, snap-cap machine, and hot knife. Will also have experience trimming, binding, inspecting, using a single/double needle trimming, material handling,
Must be able to stand for an 8-hour shift. Must be able to lift up to a maximum of 40lbs.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Must possess experience as Basic working knowledge of sewing or production machinery desired, but not required. Factory production work experience desired. Must be able to follow instructions and shop rules.
- Job Family TRC
- Pay Type Hourly
- 75 Jones and Gifford Ave, Jamestown, NY 14701, USA