CNC Operator - 2nd Shift
Summary of Position
CNC Operator will work in conjunction with the CNC Department Manager to establish aerospace tool setups and validate programs for use on 3 and 5 axis machines. They are responsible for the day-to-day operation of the numerical control machine program development.
· Works in conjunction with NC Programmers and CNC Department Manager to establish NC tool setups and validate NC programs for use on 3 and 5 axis CNC machines
- Responsible for complete Numerical Control operation for machining tools, details and parts
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and policies
- Any additional duties assigned by management
Required Skills, Education & Experience
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful job performance will be considered. Typical qualifications would be:
- Minimum High School Diploma/GED required
- 5 years of experience in conventional machining and/or NC machining practices
- Responsible for Numerical Control Database Management
- Strong mathematical skills, including the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area circumferences and volume
- Ability to read and understand blueprints including geometric tolerance and understanding of general tolerances and GD&T
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22.C.F.R. § is required
- Ability to effectively handle tasks in a fast paced environment
- Able to work varied shifts, overtime and weekends when necessary
- Has confidence in leading processes, projects and looks for opportunities
- Ability to work with management team to help drive performance of location
Working conditions described here are representative of those that may be experienced by an employee on a daily basis while performing the functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes and airborne particles.
- The employee may be exposed to vibration.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- May be required to work weekends to meet department and business demands.
- Work with safe manufacturing processes and understanding that eyewear is mandatory in the manufacturing area.
- Knows that safety shoes are recommended in the manufacturing area.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Employment is contingent upon successfully passing an employee reference check, criminal background check, and drug screening.
This position requires use of information that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder').
- Job Family MANUFACTURING
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Monday, August 3, 2020
- Lake Orion, Orion Charter Township, MI 48362, USA