Saw Operator - Nights
Summary of Position
The Saw Operator is responsible for cutting, kitting, and processing raw materials to meet customer specifications.
- Cutting material to specifications of cut list
- Break sharp edges (deburr), removing FOD
- Labeling each detail with required information
- Recording material heat numbers
- Keep track of the materials to be cut and material use.
- Documentation of A numbers for material-job tracking for id and traceability
- Any other duties assigned by management
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful job performance will be considered. Typical qualifications would be:
- Minimum High School Diploma/GED required
- Previous experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment a plus
- Basic math skills
- Ability to read tape measure
- Ability to layout/read angles
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment, work and think independently and as part of a team
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22.C.F.R. § is required
- Ability to effectively handle tasks in a fast paced environment
- Able to work varied shifts, overtime and weekends when necessary
- Has confidence in leading processes, projects and looks for opportunities
- Ability to work with management team to help drive performance of location
Working conditions described here are representative of those that may be experienced by an employee on a daily basis while performing the functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes and airborne particles.
- The employee may be exposed to vibration.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- May be required to work weekends to meet department and business demands.
- Work with safe manufacturing processes and understanding that eyewear is mandatory in the manufacturing area.
- Knows that safety shoes are recommended in the manufacturing area.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must be able to see, talk, hear, touch, feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to frequently walk & stand for short periods of time
- Must be able to lift and move up to 35 pounds, occasionally lift and move objects up to 50lbs.
Employment is contingent upon successfully passing an employee reference check, criminal background check, and drug screening.
This position requires use of information that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder').
Ascent Aerospace is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters. If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please call toll-free +1 586-726-0500 . If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please call toll-free +1 586-726-0500. This email and phone number is created exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Ascent Aerospace is a world renowned, single-source provider of production and automated assembly systems for the aerospace, defense and space industries. As the largest tooling group, Ascent produces a full suite of both mold and assembly tooling required for the aerospace manufacturing market, including the largest invar molds ever made for aerospace. As an automation provider and production system integrator, Ascent work with customers to develop their project and see it through from process engineering, to build and installation to ensure it is an efficient and cost effective solution.
- Job Family MANUFACTURING
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Lake Orion, Orion Charter Township, MI 48362, USA