Sales & Estimating - Estimator, SSC
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Senior Estimator is primarily responsible for estimating costs and schedule required to manufacture aerospace tooling based on customer supplied data. This role is required to analyze specifications including written statements of work, tool models, sketches, drawings, bills of material, or layouts, and calculate design and manufacturing costs using experience, internal cost models, input from key functional leaders, supplier input, and historical data.
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position.
- Interprets customer specifications, CAD models, and drawings to determine labor, material, and outsource costs to manufacture tooling.
- Estimates are to be prepared and thoroughly documented using company approved processes and costing tools.
- In coordination with internal supply chain teams, work with outside suppliers for material, commercial components, or services as required.
- Attend customer bid conferences via web meetings or in person as required.
- Coordinate with internal functions to ensure alignment on estimated labor (engineering, manufacturing, installation, etc).
- Coordinate with internal commercial team throughout the estimating process to ensure alignment with commercial pursuit strategy.
- Coordinate with internal functions to develop accurate execution schedules for each quotation.
- Develop and present cost and execution strategy to internal leadership team prior to quote approval.
- In coordination with commercial team, review purchase orders to ensure alignment with submitted quotation.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful job performance will be considered. Typical qualifications would be:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology preferred
- Must possess Secret Security Clearance and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
- 3+ years of aerospace tooling experience (preferably in composite layup tooling, assembly tooling, transportation equipment, and work stands)
- 5+ years of cost estimating experience
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing processes (including fabrication, machining, assembly, and inspection)
- Ability to interpret customer requirements from statements of work, CAD models, and drawings
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail with a focus on accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines
- Strong math skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22.C.F.R. § is required
- Ability to implement, design and execute on projects.
- Read/communicate with coworkers and leads.
- Problem-solving – the individual identifies and reports problems in a timely manner.
- Interpersonal Skills – the individual remains open to ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication-the individual speaks clearly.
- Quality Control – the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability-the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability-the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security – the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
May be required to travel to other site locations during the workday.
Working conditions described here are representative of those that may be experienced by an employee on a daily basis while performing the functions of this job.
- Typically stands for extended periods at workstation.
- Will use hands for extended periods of time while operating CNC mills.
- Will access and work in the manufacturing plant.
- Will be required to stand for extended periods of time when conducting training, CI events or work cell duties.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes and airborne particles.
- The employee may be exposed to vibration.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- May be required to work OT and weekends to meet department and business demands.
- Work with safe manufacturing processes and understanding that eyewear is mandatory in the manufacturing area.
- Knows that safety shoes are recommended in the manufacturing area.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must be able to see, talk, hear, touch, feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to frequently walk & stand for short periods of time
- Must be able to lift and move up to 35 pounds, occasionally lift and move objects up to 50lbs.
Employment is contingent upon successfully passing an employee reference check, criminal background check, and drug screening.
This position requires use of information that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder').
Ascent Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of sex, race, religion, age, national origin, height, weight, marital status, familial status, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, and/or other category protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative.
Ascent Aerospace is a world renowned, single-source provider of production and automated assembly systems for the aerospace, defense and space industries. As the largest tooling group, Ascent produces a full suite of both mold and assembly tooling required for the aerospace manufacturing market, including the largest invar molds ever made for aerospace. As an automation provider and production system integrator, Ascent work with customers to develop their project and see it through from process engineering, to build and installation to ensure it is an efficient and cost effective solution.
Ascent Aerospace – Inspiring the next generation of flight!
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Monday, June 1, 2020
- Irvine, CA, USA