CNC Programmer SSC
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Provide multi-axis programs for manufacture of various forms of tooling to be used in the production of engineering parts or assemblies utilizing computer manufacturing graphics system. Responsible for implementing a driven, team oriented culture which embraces continuous improvements and ensures across the board operational and process excellence in all areas of Coast Composites.
• Create multi-axis machine programs from customer supplied part models and specifications.
• post process programs and check/verify completed programs
• generate machine set-up sheets and incorporate into shop planning.
• generate fixture and shop aid information for set-ups.
• Interface with engineering, design, manufacturing, and inspection department
• performs other related duties as required and assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful job performance will be considered. Typical qualifications would be:
• Must be a U.S Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
• Must possess Secret Security Clearance and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment
• Experience in using SolidWorks, CATIA, and/or Vericut a plus
• Three years’ experience using MasterCam a plus
• NX Unigraphics experience –Version 10.
• Minimum 3 years of writing Multi-axis CNC programs in a machining environment
• Demonstrates proficiency with CAD (solid modeling) and CAM software
• Five years’ experience writing CNC programs in a machining environment
• Aerospace experience a plus
• Engineering / Manufacturing background preferred
• Ability to thrive in a fast pace environment; prioritize and handle multiple projects.
• Knowledge with GD&T
• CMM programming experience a plus but not required
• Experience writing post processors a plus
• Problem solving – the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyze
• Ability to demonstrate a sense of urgency.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Translates information skillfully
• Interpersonal Skills – the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things
• Understand software development principles
• Be proficient in the use of Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skill
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work with management team to help drive performance of location
• Proactive attitude and ability to anticipate the complete of required items
• This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22.C.F.R. § is required
• Ability to implement, design and execute on projects.
• Ability to take the initiative and trouble-shoot and correct process and machine problems.
• Reports faulty equipment and has the ability to make difficult decisions and seeks management’s assistance when needed.
• Ability to effectively handle tasks in a fast paced environment.
• Able to work varied shifts, overtime and weekends when necessary.
• Has confidence in leading processes, projects and looks for opportunities.
• Ability to work with management team to help drive performance of location.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some projects may require more out-of-the-area and overnight travel.
Working conditions described here are representative of those that may be experienced by an employee on a daily basis while performing the functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes and airborne particles.
• The employee may be exposed to vibration.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• May be required to work weekends to meet department and business demands.
• Work with safe manufacturing processes and understanding that eyewear is mandatory in the manufacturing area.
• Knows that safety shoes are recommended in the manufacturing area.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Must be able to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• Must be able to see, talk, hear, touch, feel and reach with hands and arms.
• Must be able to frequently walk & stand for short periods of time
• Must be able to lift and move up to 35 pounds, occasionally lift and move objects up to 50lbs.
Employment is contingent upon successfully passing an employee reference check, criminal background check, and drug screening.
This position requires use of information that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder').
Ascent Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of sex, race, religion, age, national origin, height, weight, marital status, familial status, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, and/or other category protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative.
Ascent Aerospace is a world renowned, single-source provider of production and automated assembly systems for the aerospace, defense and space industries. As the largest tooling group, Ascent produces a full suite of both mold and assembly tooling required for the aerospace manufacturing market, including the largest invar molds ever made for aerospace. As an automation provider and production system integrator, Ascent work with customers to develop their project and see it through from process engineering, to build and installation to ensure it is an efficient and cost effective solution.
Ascent Aerospace – Inspiring the next generation of flight!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Job Start Date Tuesday, March 3, 2020
- Irvine, CA, USA