Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) - SSC
Information System Security Manager (ISSM) - SSC
An Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM), is responsible for the security of the information systems at the facility and certifies to DSS that all security requirements are in place and the system is properly configured and protected.
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position.
- Manages and oversees the compliance and policy aspects for the company regarding Information Assurance for systems and networks that contact government information.
- Familiar with Defense Security Service (DSS) Risk Management Framework (RMF), Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) Tool
- Work closely with the Facility Security Officer (FSO) and corporate leadership to ensure cyber and physical security standards are met
- Serve as Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) for classified computers in DoD and Intelligence Community computing environments.
- Oversees day-to-day security posture and continuous monitoring of IS including security event log review and analysis.
- Ensure system security measures comply with applicable government policies. Provide configuration management and accurately assess the impact of modifications and vulnerabilities for each system.
- Maintain thorough understanding of NIST 800-53 controls, and determine which controls are applicable to the application, as well as document implementation in Security Controls Tractability Matrix (SCTM).
- Reviews and performs technical inspections to identify and mitigate potential security weaknesses and ensure that all security features applied to a system are implemented and functional.
- Monitors and resolves Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) to mitigate system vulnerabilities on assigned Information Systems.
- Reviews and maintains security assessment and authorization documentation (e.g., IA SOP, SSP, MSSP, RAR, SCTM)
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful job performance will be considered.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Must be a U.S Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
- Must possess Secret Security Clearance and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
- Must be able to respond to security instances that impact the facility's information systems.
- Possess technical skills to manage the systems under their authority
· SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY
Little to none.
Working conditions described here are representative of those that may be experienced by an employee on a daily basis while performing the functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes and airborne particles.
- The employee may be exposed to vibration
- The employee is occasionally exposed to caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- May be required to work weekends to meet department and business needs
- Work with safe manufacturing processes and understanding that eyewear is mandatory in the manufacturing area
- Knows that safety shoes are recommended in the manufacturing area.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must be able to see, talk, hear, touch, feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to frequently walk & stand for short periods of time
- Must be able to lift and move up to 35 pounds, occasionally lift and move objects up to 50lbs.
Employment is contingent upon successfully passing an employee reference check, criminal background check, and drug screening.
This position requires use of information that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder').
Ascent Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of sex, race, religion, age, national origin, height, weight, marital status, familial status, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, and/or other category protected by law.
Ascent Aerospace is a world renowned, single-source provider of production and automated assembly systems for the aerospace, defense and space industries. As the largest tooling group, Ascent produces a full suite of both mold and assembly tooling required for the aerospace manufacturing market, including the largest invar molds ever made for aerospace. As an automation provider and production system integrator, Ascent work with customers to develop their project and see it through from process engineering, to build and installation to ensure it is an efficient and cost effective solution.
Ascent Aerospace – Inspiring the next generation of flight!
- Job Family CLEARED
- Pay Type Salary
- Irvine, CA, USA