Sales & Estimating- Controls Engineer Estimator, SSC
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Controls Estimator will play a key role in the development and securing of new business to the company. This role will be required to lead the development of the controls solution and cost estimate within complex, technical proposals crossing all sites within the Ascent Aerospace organization. This role will have high visibility within the organization as well as to the customer base, so a detailed and organized controls expert is required.
- Following company processes, leads the development of the controls solution for all key proposals including but not limited to system architecture, controls material content, labor and material costs, and technical proposal development.
- Meet with prospective customers as needed, in collaboration with Account Management team and Proposal Lead to understand project scope, specifications, budget, etc. in order to provide customers with the best solution.
- Develop a standard controls pricing template and technical documentation to be utilized in proposal development
- Identify and coordinate with supplier partners at an early stage in order to leverage resources and competencies throughout the proposal phase.
- Coordinate with mechanical estimating resources and procurement for requests for quotations from outside suppliers for parts, materials, hardware, or specialized solutions.
- Support the presentation of bids and bid strategy to leadership team for approval.
- Understand and follow safety & environmental regulations and identify safety/environmental concerns.
- Adhere to the Quality System and actively participate in continuous improvement.
- Perform other job related tasks as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful job performance will be considered. Typical qualifications would be:
- Must be a U.S Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
- Must possess Secret Security Clearance and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or Industrial Management preferred
- Estimating experience preferred
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22.C.F.R. § is required
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, quality requirements, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing and automation
- Strong knowledge of electrical power and distribution systems
- Ability to comprehend complex specifications, CAD models, drawings, etc.
- Strong understanding of Electrical, Hydraulic, and Pneumatic schematics, CNC motion control, Robotics, PLC’s, HMI’s
- Maintain current knowledge of new and existing products, applications, and standards. Specifically NFPA, NEC, UL 508, IEC and CE as they relate to control panel design and build
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Very high attention to detail
- Strong understanding of project costs
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with competing deadlines
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some projects may require more out-of-the-area and overnight travel.
Working conditions described here are representative of those that may be experienced by an employee on a daily basis while performing the functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes and airborne particles
- Typically sits for extended periods at a computer workstation
- May access and work in the manufacturing plant
- The employee may be exposed to vibration
- The employee is occasionally exposed to caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- May be required to travel to other site locations during the work day
- May be required to work weekends to meet department and business demands
- Work with safe manufacturing processes and understand that eyewear is mandatory in the manufacturing area.
- Knows that safety shoes are recommended in the manufacturing area
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must be able to see, talk, hear, touch, feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to frequently walk & stand for short periods of time
- Must be able to lift and move up to 35 pounds, occasionally lift and move objects up to 50lbs.
Employment is contingent upon successfully passing an employee reference check, criminal background check, and drug screening.
This position requires use of information that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder').
Ascent Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of sex, race, religion, age, national origin, height, weight, marital status, familial status, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, and/or other category protected by law.
Ascent Aerospace is a world renowned, single-source provider of production and automated assembly systems for the aerospace, defense and space industries. As the largest tooling group, Ascent produces a full suite of both mold and assembly tooling required for the aerospace manufacturing market, including the largest invar molds ever made for aerospace. As an automation provider and production system integrator, Ascent work with customers to develop their project and see it through from process engineering, to build and installation to ensure it is an efficient and cost effective solution.
Ascent Aerospace – Inspiring the next generation of flight!
- Pay Type Salary
- Irvine, CA, USA