Material Handling Technician
This rotational North Slope Material Handling Technician (MHT) position is primarily responsible for the safe and efficient receiving, handling, issuing, inventory, staging and shipping of warehouse materials and containers. Operates forklifts and other material handling equipment as required, and operate light-duty trucks to and from required/various locations.
The position is an entry-level position of our materials warehousing team. At this level, a minimal level of discretion is exercised, and the employee will most often work under the direct guidance of a more senior level employee.
The candidate who will be successful in this position will be safety oriented, works well in a team environment, comfortable using computers, willing and able to learn new processes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work in a safe manner and correct unsafe acts and conditions.
- Participate in a quality Tool Box Talk (TBT) daily.
- Develop quality Activity Hazard Analysis (AHA) for non-routine work being performed.
- Maintain a working relationship between the North Slope Material Operations and Anchorage Material Center Operations.
- Interact with customer’s preferred carriers and suppliers with a customer service attitude.
- Operate light trucks, forklifts, and material handling equipment safely.
- Read and/or follow oral instructions to identify materials or containers to be moved.
- Load/unload containers, lift materials, and identify, label, count, receive, and issue materials containers.
- Perform equipment maintenance checks.
- Assist internal and external customers in a professional manner.
- Execute various warehouse transactions electronically.
- Assist employees or customer in tracking down freight issues.
- Operate small hand tools.
- Maintain high level of accuracy when handling materials.
- Maintain good housekeeping standards with focus on bin maintenance and the care and custody of materials.
- Adhere to all safety and operations related procedures at all times.
- Expected to participate in Behavioral Based Safety programs.
- Provide over the counter support to the field for unplanned or emergency material needs.
- Search for material by description and/or part number.
- Generate Issue tickets based on priority/need date for planned material orders.
- Utilize mobility where applicable to perform issue transactions.
- Perform fluid transfers where applicable. Transferring from a bulk tote or drum to a smaller container.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Participate on Incident Management Team (IMT), as requested.
- Participate in Cross Functional Teams, as requested.
- The position could be at any warehouse on any shift, based on company and customer needs.
A minimum of one (1) year of progressively responsible material handling experience, or other related experience
- Experience in the safe loading and unloading of trucks, trailers, and vans required.
- Prior forklift experience and hazardous material training is preferred.
- Experience in electronic transactions preferred.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record required for all MHT positions.
The continual ability to be mobile with the use of all senses is required for this position. Work requires frequent use and wear of safety equipment, operation of computer, office equipment, forklift, light and heavy trucks. Rarely may be exposed to fumes and noise from forklift/loader, extreme cold during winter (both ambient and chill factor).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Occasional sitting, stationary standing, kneeling and crawling, vision for close work. Frequent walking, crouching, stooping, twisting, turn/pivoting, balancing, reaching overhead with hands and arms, use of finger dexterity to grasp or pinch items, ability to speak and receive phone communications often. Continually climbing, pushing or pulling items up to 50 pounds (assisted) frequently and more than 50 pounds (assisted) occasionally.
[Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions].
Pre-employment Drug Testing Information: ASCI requires pre-employment drug testing utilizing urinalysis collection. A positive drug test makes you ineligible for employment with ASCI.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Anchorage, AK, USA
- Prudhoe Bay, AK, USA