Starting hourly rate- $12.00
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Main Lobby Duties
- Provide campus and off-campus community with efficient and courteous front desk information and services, assist in maintaining an orderly lobby, front desk and office area; order, check and monitor the display of flyers,
brochures and posters.
- Provide general front desk duties to include answering the phone, handling walk-in inquiries and taking messages.
- Perform cashier duties to include the counting and recording of moneys received, expended, and recorded in register. Record and verify sales, logs, cash funds and balance sheets.
- Assist with maintenance and update of the filing system. Order and maintain inventory of operational/office reports.
- Ensures customer service is conducted in a courteous and professional manner to customers and all other employees.
- Verify and record lost and found items in appropriate log sheets.
- Count cash refund money and total refund slips for vending machines, request replenishment of funds as needed.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the department policies and procedures.
- Daily check and restock the TSU building map holders.
- Assist with the key check-out for the porters, Titan Pride Center and Welcome Desk on the second floor.
- Assist in the application of emergency procedures. Help evacuate facility as needed.
- Post“Out of Order” signs on equipment in need of repair.
- Check-out/in loading dock equipment to student organizations.
- Maintain strict adherence to safety procedures; attend safety meeting as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Pick up the TSU building mail from the CSUF mailroom and the TSU. Sort all incoming mail on a daily basis and distribute.
- Carefully critique all mail items collected for accuracy in sorting, legible and complete addresses; verify postal tickets.
- Sort fliers, announcements, etc. and distribute in the TSU; copy items as needed.
- Weigh items for in-house employees and customers. Determine the amount of postage needed and post accordingly. Maintain daily, weekly and monthly postal records for all ASI/TSU departments.
- Input date into computer to complete AS/TSU three month and yearly postal reports.
- Maintain an inventory of campus envelopes for TSU and provide TSU building personnel with postal tickets.
- Inform the Services Manager when the postage meter fund needs to be replenished.
- Keep the postal room in an orderly manner; duties include emptying the trash receptacle, cleaning postal equipment and area.
Education, Work Experience Requirements and Abilities:
- Must be enrolled student at California State University, Fullerton.
- Cash handling & Customer Services experience preferred.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer services.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments.
- Model, promote, and consistently enforce ASI and TSU policies.
- Ability to explain clearly a variety of policies and procedures consistently in circumstances not clearly described by available guidelines to students, the public, and other campus employees.
- Demonstrates good verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to keep an accurate record of hours worked by clocking in and out correctly.
- Must be able to be on time, prepared to work and adhere to department dress code.
Typical Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs properly.
- Frequently required to sit, talk, listen, walk; manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; corrected hearing and vision to normal range; clear verbal communication.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Working nights and weekends may be required.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fullerton, CA, USA