Archivist, Jewish Museum of Maryland
The Jewish Museum of Maryland (JMM), a dynamic, growing museum of regional Jewish history and culture, seeks a creative and enthusiastic Archivist to manage the Museum’s archival collections. The Archivist will work to help develop policies and procedures for care of the Museum’s collections. The archivist will help conceptualize, plan, and research exhibitions.
In this highly collaborative role, you will use your expertise in archival science and be responsible for:
- Processing archival collections, including digitization, database entry, and the creation of finding aids – for both new and legacy collections
- Maintaining the JMM institutional archives
- Arrange for safe storage of archival collections
- Schedule and supervise library and archives volunteers (duties shared with Director of Collections & Exhibits)
- Recruit and supervise archives interns (duties shared with Director of Collections & Exhibits)
- Respond to research requests from scholars, community members, and staff
- Assist with preparations for, and participate in, Collections Committee meetings
- Conduct research for exhibitions and maintain exhibition research files
- Undertake other special projects and duties assigned by JMM Executive Director, Deputy Director, and Director of Collections & Exhibits
- Bachelor’s Degree in Archival Science, Information Science, Museum Studies, or related field required. Masters preferred.
- Experience with archival work in a museum setting is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with PastPerfect CMS database is a plus.
This is a full-time position (37.5 hours a week) with a salary range of $39,000- $45,000 based on experience. We offer a competitive benefits package.
The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore and its Agencies are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran's status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit the performance of essential job functions (with or without reasonable accommodation) or any other basis protected by federal, or applicable, state or local law.
- Job Family JMM
- 15 Lloyd St, Baltimore, MD 21202, USA