The Accounting Manager, under the guidance of the Senior Director of Finance is responsible for the accounting, financial reporting and analysis for assigned programs. Specifically, the Accounting Manager will perform routine monthly journal entries and special assignments related to transactional accounting and the preparation and communication of reports and analyses including, but not limited to: management of revenue, expense and balance sheet accounts; production of month end reports and variance analyses; budgeting and forecasting; review and evaluation of internal controls; and preparation of audit materials. The Accounting Manager is also responsible for performing the job duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the mission, vision and values of the Agency. Directly supervises day-to-day functioning of the Finance Department and its staff.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of five years' relevant professional accounting and supervisory experience (or a combination of experience working in an accounting department.
- Working knowledge of non-profit accounting is a plus.
- Must possess sound understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Experience working with computerized financial systems (E.g. Abila’s MIP, Ceridian or ADP).
- Advanced Excel skills. Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Word, and Outlook, and the ability to work with finance databases and software.
- Very strong organizational and time management skills to be able to efficiently prioritize work and meet identified deadlines.
- Strong coaching and supervision motivation, training, cross-training and staff development, with a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience.
- Superior interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with staff, members, community partners, and lay leaders.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work under pressure, keep all work current and accurate, and respond to identified department deadlines with a sense of urgency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the coordination and preparation of the annual budget.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual analysis of variances with explanations.
- Build and maintain reports utilizing accounting software and spreadsheets.
- Assist in compiling data for budget preparation and during the budget process.
- Balance assigned general ledger accounts monthly, coordinating collection of all balance sheet account work papers monthly.
- Backup the Payroll and Accounting staff.
- Supervise Finance staff.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Cross train as needed.
- Assist with year-end audit and IRS reporting.
- Assist with additional audits as requested.
- Perform other duties as required or directed.
The work environment is usually fast paced. This job requires high energy and interaction with staff as well as with members, other agency staff, community leaders, and outside partners, vendors, others.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and incumbent will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by supervisor or other management as required. The JCC reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the needs arise. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore and its Agencies are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran's status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit the performance of essential job functions (with or without reasonable accommodation) or any other basis protected by federal, or applicable, state or local law.
- Job Family JCC
- Pay Type Salary
- 5700 Park Heights Ave, Baltimore, MD 21215, USA