Looking for a great summer job? J Camps, located at the JCC of Greater Baltimore, is looking for an energetic, dedicated Sports Camp Director who is interested in working in a fun, creative camp environment this summer.
Length of Position:
o February-May- 10 hours per week (flexible hours)
o June 3rd or 4th 6:00pm-9:00pm
o June 8th & 10th – 2:00pm-8:00pm
o June 16th & 18th- 2:00pm-8:00pm
o June 21st – 9:00am-4:00pm
• Camp dates
o June 22, 2020 - August 14, 2020- approx. hours 8:00am-5:00pm
o August 17- 21, 2020- post-camp clean-up
• Experience at summer camp or similar environment preferred.
• College degree required; college credits or a degree in physical education preferred.
• Minimum of two years of experience working with youth, specifically in the area of physical education or coaching preferred.
• Willingness to follow / give directions and work as a team member.
• Strong leadership and organization skills.
• Willingness to work as a part of a team.
• Develop eight-week curriculum focusing on athletics for 1st – 6th grade.
• Assists with marketing department to develop Maccabi Sports marketing plan specifically for camper recruitment.
• Hiring and Supervising Staff.
• Assist in overall staff orientation planning and recruitment. Plan and implement Sports camp specific staff orientation.
• Scheduling Field Trips.
• Assisting with J Camps special programming.
• Maintain weekly parent communication.
• Plan activities and events that are exciting, challenging and value based.
• Work cooperatively with camp leadership, counselors and other departments.
• Keep immediate supervisor informed daily of any concerns or problems concerning campers and facilities.
• Be a consistent role model for campers.
• Maintains highest standards of safety and cleanliness in all sports areas (indoor and outdoor). Conduct routine maintenance and housekeeping checks on all sports facilities and equipment.
• Ensure that facility is kept clean and safe, so that children are in a safe and comfortable environment.
• Ensure that campers know and follow safety procedures during camp programs.
The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore and its Agencies are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran's status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit the performance of essential job functions (with or without reasonable accommodation) or any other basis protected by federal, or applicable, state or local law.