The Jewish Community Center of Baltimore is seeking a welcome desk associate to work at our Aquatics park. This is a seasonal position starting in May. Candidates must be friendly and welcome all with a smile!
This position is the first point of contact to all members and guests at the rec park gate and requires being responsive to members needs while possessing extensive knowledge of the JCC.
• Customer centered attitude, strong work ethic and positive attitude.
• High school diploma/equivalent or college student preferred.
• Possess exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills and the ability to think critically.
• Comfortable with computer.
• Must be comfortable working in an outdoor environment and heat.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide essential customer service while greeting and checking in all members and guests who enter recreation park.
• Assist members with all inquiries.
• Must provide consistent and reliable attendance.
• Maintains and enforces agency policies and procedures.
• Always meet all JCC standards for professionalism in conduct and appearance.
• Consistently offer the highest level of personalized member service while maintaining a positive, enthusiastic, and helpful attitude.
• Perform other duties as required or directed by member and guest services director.
We currently have two open positions:
Sunday 10:00am to 6:30pm
Monday 3:00pm to 8:00pm (between June 22nd to August 14th from 4:00pm to 9:00pm)
Tuesday 3:00pm to 8:00pm (between June 22nd to August 14th from 4:00pm to 9:00pm)
Wednesday 3:00pm to 8:00pm (between June 22nd to August 14th from 4:00pm to 9:00pm)
Thursday 3:00pm to 8:00pm (between June 22nd to August 14th from 4:00pm to 9:00pm)
Friday 3:00pm to 6:30pm (between June 22nd to August 14th from 4:00pm to 6:30pm)
Saturday 11:00am to 6:30pm
This position works primarily outside. The work environment is usually hot. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to moderate to loud noise levels.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations must be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand for long periods of time; use a computer; talk and hear. The employee may also be required to reach, grab and grip with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may, at times, be required to lift, pull.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and incumbent will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by supervisor or other management as required. The JCC reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the needs arise. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore and its Agencies are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran's status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit the performance of essential job functions (with or without reasonable accommodation) or any other basis protected by federal, or applicable, state or local law.