Jewish Life Specialist-JCC
Under the supervision of the Operations Director and in coordination with Jewish Volunteer Connection the Jewish Life Specialist will coordinate and implement Jewish value activities to bring Judaism to life for J campers.
Knowledge of and experience with informal Jewish education.
Passion for service through a Jewish lens.
Ability to work both collaboratively and independently and multitask under deadlines.
Desire to make a positive difference in the lives of young people.
Strong Leadership skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the design and implementation of Jewish programming in camp, both integrated into traditional camp programming and separate events such as Shabbat & Israel Day.
- Planning and preparation in advance of the arrival of general staff and campers.
- Responsible for implementing
- Shabbat Programming
- Music and prayers at Flagpole
- Shabbabah (Mitzvah/value activity of the week)
Collaborate on and implement Shabbabah curriculum across J Camps from campers ages 2-15.
- Facilitate learning and projects.
- Order, organize, and prepare supplies for activities.
- Preparing communication to J Camp families about activities.
- Coordinating between camp staff and JVC.
Other duties as needed involving Jewish Life curriculum at J Camps.
The work environment is usually fast paced. This job requires high energy and interaction with staff as well as with members, other agency staff, community leaders, and outside partners, vendors, others.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and incumbent will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by supervisor or other management as required. The JCC reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the needs arise. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore and its Agencies are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran's status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit the performance of essential job functions (with or without reasonable accommodation) or any other basis protected by federal, or applicable, state or local law.
- Job Family JCC
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3506 Gwynnbrook Ave, Owings Mills, MD 21117, USA