Ropes Course Specialist-JCC
Under the supervision of the Head of Ropes, ropes course specialists are responsible for facilitating high ropes, team building, and zipline using approved course methods. Applicants must be 18 years or older, previously participated in a zipline or high ropes activity once and be present for ropes course facilitation training. Physical ability to perform all duties on the course and to actively assist participants is needed.
Length of Position:
June 22, 2020 - August 14, 20120- approx. hours 8:30-4:30pm
- Attend certification trainings
- June 2, 3, 4th; 8:30-4:30pm
- Clock at least 6 hours of approved hours
- Opportunities provides during the week of June 11-22nd
- Attend Camp Orientation
- June 3rd 6-9pm
- June 10th-18th times vary
1. Applicant must be 18 years of age or older (preference given to those 21 and over).
2. Previously participated going down a zipline or on a high ropes course at least once.
3. Must be present for all Ropes Course Facilitation trainings (dates stated above).
4. Mental and Emotional maturity to create positive atmosphere for personal experience and growth of participants.
5. Physical ability to perform all duties on the course and to actively assist participants in need.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Facilitate high and low ropes challenge courses using approved course methods.
2. Inventory and maintain equipment before and after each event.
3. Store equipment properly.
4. Review ropes facilitation techniques regularly during the season.
5. Review and practice take-down and emergency procedures regularly.
6. Judge weather and course conditions appropriately to ensure safety of participants.
7. Safeguard course use with vigilant inspection of all equipment, procedures, facilitators, and participants.
8. Relay program rules to participants in a positive manner.
9. Work as a team with co-facilitators and visiting teachers.
10. Serve as a positive role model to students and other instructors and participants.
11. Be physically, mentally, and emotionally present during events.
12. Any other duties assigned by the J Day Camp Director.
The work environment is usually fast paced. This job requires high energy and interaction with staff as well as with members, other agency staff, community leaders, and outside partners, vendors, others.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and incumbent will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by supervisor or other management as required. The JCC reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the needs arise. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore and its Agencies are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran's status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit the performance of essential job functions (with or without reasonable accommodation) or any other basis protected by federal, or applicable, state or local law.
- Job Family JCC
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3506 Gwynnbrook Ave, Owings Mills, MD 21117, USA