Under the direction of the Senior Director of Fitness, personal trainers will be primarily responsible for taking on existing clients based on need, as well as soliciting new business and teaching gym members about the benefits of personal training in an effort to grow our personal training business. Personal trainers will be required to work general floor hours until they have grown their personal training business to about 25 hours per week.
This position requires the incumbent to work a flexible work week schedule throughout the year. This schedule will be determined weekly based on the client needs, scheduling of floor shifts, meetings and other JCC duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology, Exercise Science or related field required.
- Proven success in the fitness/wellness industry.
- 2-4 years personal training experience.
- Current Personal Training Certification that is nationally recognized and accredited by the NCCA.
- Current CPR/AED/First Aid Certification.
- Ability to perform exercises and movements as demonstrations for clients.
- Sales experience a plus.
- Knowledge of equipment and body mechanics
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to train, teach, and offer any fitness services exclusively at the JCC.
- Understanding of Jewish culture, values and traditions a plus, but not required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a minimum of 15 hours of personal training per pay period while continuously striving to increase numbers.
- Work a minimum of 4 floor hours a week until personal training exceeds 25+ hours/week.
Work with the Fitness Director to ensure consistency in procedure, policy, offerings, and quality of experience for members at the Park Heights JCC location.
Participates in departmental and agency training, staff meetings, conferences, committees and special events.
Keep accurate records and enter all completed sessions in Efinesstri bi-weekly.
Works cooperatively with other JCC departments in planning programs and special events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and incumbent will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by supervisor or other management as required. The JCC reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the needs arise. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore and its Agencies are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran's status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit the performance of essential job functions (with or without reasonable accommodation) or any other basis protected by federal, or applicable, state or local law.
- Job Family JCC
- Pay Type Hourly
- 5700 Park Heights Ave, Baltimore, MD 21215, USA