Under the supervision of the Housekeeping Supervisor, the Housekeeper is responsible for maintaining a high standard of cleanliness throughout the building to ensure that JCC Guests, members and staff enjoy continued cleanliness and neat appearance in all JCC public areas including restrooms, locker rooms, lobbies, and hallways. This position is also responsible for room set-ups, breakdowns, outside grounds cleanliness and may be asked to assist in maintenance and event preparation. Housekeepers will be assigned to one main location, but, may at times, be asked to assist in another building location.
1. Previous experience in commercial or janitorial work required.
2. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
3. Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
4. Must be able to use a computer and have access to e-mails.
5. Must be able to read and understand mixing instructions for cleaning chemicals.
6. Must be able to cooperate, assist and support co-workers to provide a cohesive team.
7. Floor technician experience is a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Complete daily assigned schedule in a timely manner.
2. Maintain accurate log of daily activities.
3. Perform maintenance requests as assigned by supervisor
4. Stock Janitorial closets with paper supplies and cleaning products as directed by supervisor
5. Set up and break down of tables, chairs, stages, sound, tents etc. for meetings and events as directed by the supervisor.
6. Respond to requests to assist JCC staff when needed for housekeeping or maintenance needs in a professional and courteous manner.
7. Understand the JCC emergency codes and responsibilities of staff to respond to emergencies
8. Be aware of and report safety and maintenance concerns.
9. Respond to biological emergencies is a timely manner.
10. Maintain compliance with all JCC policies and procedures
11. Participate in other JCC and/or community events as needed.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties performed by this individual will take place in a setting which will contain sinks, toilets, showers, lockers and electronic equipment. The area may be hot or cold, humid and may have slippery surfaces.
The employee will be exposed to heat, odors, and allergens. Cleaning supplies may have associated odors and fumes.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may bemade to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The work involves repetitive motion.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move items such as items, tables, chairs, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The employee must be able to life 50 lbs.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and incumbent will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by supervisor or other management as required. The JCC reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the needs arise. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore and its Agencies are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran's status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit the performance of essential job functions (with or without reasonable accommodation) or any other basis protected by federal, or applicable, state or local law.
- Job Family JCC
- Pay Type Hourly
- 5700 Park Heights Ave, Baltimore, MD 21215, USA