Human Resources Summer Intern - JCC
Under the overall supervision of the Human Resources Director, the Human Resources Summer Intern is responsible for providing administrative support to the Human Resources Department with a focus on the summer camp employee hiring process. This position will work closely with the Human Resources Associate, who will direct the daily duties of this position.
Dates and Hours of Employment:
May 2020 – August 2020: 30-35 hours per week: Flexible schedule, a few evenings and/or/Sundays may be required.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of computer software, including Excel, Word, Outlook
- High degree of organization and attention to detail
- High School diploma required, College degree preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for distributing, collecting, and reviewing seasonal staff new hire paperwork in a timely manner and assuring that all paperwork is accurate and complete.
- Responsible for communicating with seasonal staff regarding incomplete new hire paperwork.
- Responsible for inputting information into the camp management and communication system.
- Responsible for checking the sex offense registry and documenting for all seasonal camp staff.
- Communicate professionally with seasonal camp staff, camp directors and other JCC staff.
- Perform other duties as required or directed.
The work environment is usually fast paced. This job requires high energy and interaction with staff. During the summer, the noise level in the work environment can be moderate to loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand.
The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore and its Agencies are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran's status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit the performance of essential job functions (with or without reasonable accommodation) or any other basis protected by federal, or applicable, state or local law.
- Job Family JCC
- Pay Type Hourly
- 5700 Park Heights Ave, Baltimore, MD 21215, USA