Water Aerobics Instructor - JCC
The Water Aerobics Instructor is responsible for providing members with a great workout and experience. The instructor educates participants about useful and safe exercises, assists them in achieving exercise goals, modifies moves for the needs of participants and creates a fun workout environment, while promoting wellness for all class participants. This position is part-time.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must demonstrate the ability to put together a water fitness program.
- Current CPR/First Aid/AED certification or willing to obtain.
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of safe exercise technique and principles; able to incorporate music, tempo, cueing technique, and rhythm.
- Ability to effectively demonstrate all skill being taught to participants.
- Maintains a professional attitude toward your responsibilities, fellow instructors and members.
- Be in good physical condition to teach group exercise.
- Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury.
- Must be outgoing, energetic and able to perform in front of an audience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keeps management informed of pool activities, facility needs, and significant problems.
- Teaches scheduled classes, beginning and ending on time; provides adequate warm-up, exercise, stretching, and cool down.
- Prepares appropriate equipment, music, and handouts for each class.
- Teach with a positive upbeat attitude.
- Instructs patrons on effective workout methods; explains proper techniques, demonstrates exercises; identifies different muscle groups, and teaches appropriate methods to strengthen specific muscles.
- Enforce pool rules and policies. Refer ongoing issues to a member of the Aquatics Leadership Team.
- Perform other/related duties as assigned.
- The work environment is usually hot and humid. Air quality within indoor pools may be reduced due to increased levels of chloramines and ammonia compounds produced from the disinfection of pool water.
- Able to project voice over pool noise, to ensure all instructions can be heard.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually high.
- Instructors must have the physical flexibility required to demonstrate and perform skills required for various training program.
- The employee must frequently lift and /or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally must aide, if needed, in the rescue of drowning swimmer.
- This person must be able to see in bright light. (This person must provide their own equipment, i.e. sunglasses, for dealing with glare and bright light conditions.)
- Instructors are expected to be attired appropriately for entering the water as part of their responsibilities.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and incumbent will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by supervisor or other management as required.
The JCC reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the needs arise. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore and its Agencies are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran's status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit the performance of essential job functions (with or without reasonable accommodation) or any other basis protected by federal, or applicable, state or local law.
- Job Family JCC
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3506 Gwynnbrook Ave, Owings Mills, MD 21117, USA