Assistant Teacher - JCC
J Early Childhood teaching staff has the educational qualifications, knowledge, and professional commitment necessary to promote children’s learning and development and to support families’ diverse needs and interests. Assistant Teachers have the educational qualifications, knowledge, dedication to learning, and professional commitment necessary to promote children and their families as they learn and develop. The assistant teacher supports the development and implementation of a quality educational program reflecting the goals and values of the school. The assistant teacher contributes knowledge and insight, ideas and creativity to the teaching team. The assistant teacher brings a love of children and of learning and commitment to introducing children to a supportive, creative Jewish learning environment, and is well versed in child development.
· High school diploma
· Education relating to care for children under the age of 5
· Strong oral communication skills
· Ability to relate to young children and adults
· Strong desire for continued learning and growth
· Ability to carry out assigned tasks
· Judaic knowledge or willingness to acquire
· Ability to recognize safety hazards and protect children from harm
· Meet background check & health requirements
· Good character and reputation
· Child CPR & First Aid certification
- Degree in a child related field
- At least three years of experience in the group care and education of children
- Jewish education
Teaching & Curriculum
- Contribute ideas to the planning and implementation of a balanced and sound daily curriculum
- Work and play with children, individually and in small groups
- Nurture physical, spiritual, emotional, social, and intellectual growth and development of each child
- Provide care, protection, and guidance to the children
- Ensure consistency of the daily curriculum with the school values statement
Administrative & Classroom
- Provide a cheerful, nurturing, healthy, safe and clean classroom environment
- Assist in the set-up and clean-up of class activities
- Maintain storage, organization, and cleanliness of classroom equipment and materials
Communication & Community
- Maintain a continuing dialogue with the teaching team
- Work with teaching team on problem solving classroom and school issues
- Participate in regular teacher learning days
- Participate in school social and family education programs
- Attend school wide and class events such as picnics, parties, parent meetings, and Shabbat dinners
- Communicate any concerns regarding a child’s progress, a parent, or a classroom issue to the Head Teacher and/or Preschool Director
- Protect the rights and privacy of children and families by maintaining confidentiality according to the NAEYC Code of Ethics
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move from standing to crouching to sitting on the floor and back to standing.
Physical stamina required to bend, stand, lift up to 40 pounds, work with children on the floor, work outdoors in a variety of temperatures, and mobility to ensure the supervision and safety of children. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and incumbent will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and/or other management as required. The JCC reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore and its Agencies are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran's status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit the performance of essential job functions (with or without reasonable accommodation) or any other basis protected by federal, or applicable, state or local law.
- Job Family JCC
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3506 Gwynnbrook Ave, Owings Mills, MD 21117, USA