Receivables and Collections Supervisor Full Time
Borrego Health is now the second largest health center in the country and the largest health center in the State of California! Join our team and make a difference today!
Responsible for managing the receivables and collections while ensuring staff performance of duties and their adherence to all Policies, Procedure and department protocols. Will also ensure achievement of departmental and organizational goals and objectives.
Location: Coachella Administrative Office
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure payments received are promptly recorded.
2. Ensure denials are worked on a timely basis and are tracked for any system setup or end user training/retraining can be addressed.
3. Review the system reporting for Claims Management for addressing claims for timely reconciliation.
4. Monitors the aging report to maintain department goals.
5. Reviews the credit report on a monthly basis to ensure we are completing all transactions in a timely manner and tracking to ensure all claims are closed appropriately.
6. Manage and track claim appeals.
7. Understand and be able to assist with, or apply department staff’s daily work requirements.
8. Actively participate with the Billing Manager and/or Revenue Cycle Director in the implementation of department and organization goals and objectives.
9. Create and/or manage additional reporting as needed.
10. Conduct departmental meetings.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Supervise and assist staff for completion of assigned work responsibilities.
2. Ensure applicable training is provided and completed.
3. Ensure organizational required training is completed.
4. Monitor and manage Dayforce for assigned personnel.
5. Evaluate staff performance either directly or in collaboration with co-management, to include the completion of annual Employee Evaluation/Performance Reviews.
6. Conduct employee Corrective Actions when applicable and provide guidance for achieving needed results.
7. Ensure department and staff compliance with all Borrego Health policies and procedures, and all applicable laws and regulations, including HIPAA and OSHA.
1. Diploma from an approved High School or GED Equivalent. College Degree preferred.
2. Minimum three (3) years billing experience, preferably within the Borrego Health organization.
3. Must be proficient in the use of the practice management software system, including learning and applying new functionality as needed.
4. Must have knowledge of payer billing requirements (Medi-Cal, Medicare, Patient Eligible Payment Programs, and Commercial Insurances) as it applies to the data collected on encounters.
- Pay Type Salary
- Coachella, CA, USA