Direct Support Professional - Freeport, IL
Many people go to work every day, wondering if they’re making a difference.
Direct support professionals don’t wonder—they know they are.
As a DSP with Bethesda, you’ll assist individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities with their daily needs and activities.
- 18 years of age or older and a high school diploma
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record
- Pass a background check and drug screen
- All training is paid, including Orientation, CPR and First Aid
- A career that is recession-proof (and with an ever-growing demand)
- Paid training in valuable life skills
- A set schedule with the chance to pick up hours to fit your life
- Incredible connections with amazing people
What you will be doing:
Among other things, a DSP assists with routine daily activities in a group home setting. This could be:
- Helping residents with dining, mobility and hygiene activities
- Attending special community occasions and fun activities like outdoor walks, games and social events
- Sitting down to talk and connect with them
Being a DSP is interactive and active — no falling into a rut or being stuck at a desk. Every day is different at Bethesda. Our hope is that you come here every day with something to give—and leave with stories you never want to forget.
If this sounds like something you’d enjoy, contact us today!
- Job Family DIRECT SERVICE PROFESSIONALS
- Pay Type Hourly
- Freeport, IL 61032, USA