FT 40 Hour Production Worker (DAYS & NIGHTS)
Full Time Production Worker position. Up to 40 hours a week working in the packaging department on our inserting machine, assembling daily and weekly advertising inserts. Production worker will be responsible for feeding pre-printed materials into the insert machine for daily and weekly publications.
They may be called on to operate a hydraulic pallet jack and powered strapping equipment. They will be responsible for cleaning work area as needed. Incentive pay offered on some job functions when available. Hours are 8am to 4:30 Monday through Sunday (may include holidays). You must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 30lbs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Feed insert machine head effectively. Keep insert head filled with correct amount of inserts.
- Determine if an insert is missing or doubled and correct all Misses and doubles within 10 seconds.
- Look for the sale date on insert piece assigned to him/her to insure the correct insert is being fed into the machine. Match sample insert mounted on the insert head with actual insert being fed.
- Effectively use joggers so the folded edges of stacks of inserts are perfectly straight prior to feeding the head.
- Effectively operate Power jack and Lift trucks.
- Must effectively operate all tieline equipment such as stackers, bottom wrap, Inkjet printers and ICOR Scales.
- Must be able to manually stack down press product such as Jackets and advance ROP sections.
- Accurately move pallets of inserts to appropriate designated inserter head. Must verify the skid has the correct preprint for that inserting job.
- Cut pallet bands according to safety standards.
- Place all waste material such as damaged copies of preprints, Shrink-wrap and pallet bands in proper containers.
- Monitor conveyor flow to prevent bundles from jamming.
- Remove bundles that have no protective wrap or only one or no straps to be fixed.
- Check content of inserted packages for accuracy and correct any incomplete packages.
- Stack empty pallets no higher than 6’ tall.
- Must be able to call up skids of preprints from storage racks utilizing Aurosys System.
- Follow all Safety rules and procedures.
- Perform general cleaning in the packaging area.
Night Shift Differential = $1.25/hour
- Pay Type Hourly
- Omaha World-Herald, 1398 CAPITOL AVE, Omaha, Nebraska, United States of America