FT Dock Worker Nights
Operation and cleaning of the newspaper cart loading system. Loading and unloading of trucks with newspaper bundles and other products. Occasional driving involved in loading and unloading the trucks and transporting the newspaper bundles or associated products to designated locations. Position works closely with the Mailroom and Contract Haulers in distribution of products to designated delivery locations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Responsible for the safe operation of the newspaper cart loading system.
2. Responsible for accurate counting, loading and delivery of products to designated locations in our transportation system.
3. Responsible for safe and courteous operation of company owned vehicles.
4. Responsible for reporting any unsafe condition in the workplace or defective equipment on the truck.
5. Responsible to meet all DOT Regulations.
6. Assists Contract Haulers in counting and loading their vehicles.
7. Assists Contract Haulers by staging, sorting, and counting of inserts provided by the mailroom when jurisdictional work is not available.
8. Responsible for timely and accurate bundle drops should a primary haul need to be delivered.
9. Responsible for the accurate sorting and loading of papers designated for U.S. Mail.
10. Responsible for insuring safe working conditions exists on the dock and that safe work practices are followed (which includes performing Safety inspections periodically in the Dock Area).
11. Performs other related duties assigned by the Foreman or Transportation Supervisor.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Omaha World-Herald, 1398 CAPITOL AVE, Omaha, Nebraska, United States of America